All reviews hotel is located half board bus station swimming pool is per day big balcony sea water nice hotel stars isola concrete
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Metropol for three nights, and overall enjoyed our stay. There was champagne and cake in our room on arrival, and a letter from the manager welcoming us, which was a really nice touch. We asked for a quiet room so were put on the top floor with a big balcony and beautiful views. The room was a really good size and well lit, which really added to our stay. The lobby is also nice and the indoor pool was a beautiful place to relax in on our last day.

The staff were a mix - some extremely helpful and friendly, others less so and with some unnecessary attitude (example: when we asked for some butter at dinner we were told they had some but couldn't give it to us as it was only for breakfast (?). When we asked another server a minute or two later he said 'of course!' and brought back about half a kilo).

Other small things that brought down the hotels score- the aircon in our room (702) didn't work very well and its highest setting was very loud. There was also a faint but cobstant smell of cigarette smoke. The Wi-Fi in the room was extremely weak (such a small and essential thing to provide in all hotels, but particularly 5*) so I had to add €20 to my phone bill just so we could tether and watch Netflix. There were also some tears in the curtains.

At €220 per night, I would give Metropol 3.5 if I could, but it just isn't high enough value to merit a 4.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

This was a nice hotel. But a bit run down in areas such as outside and a few tiles missing in the pool and pathways could’ve been better but hey ho. The hotel itself was nice and the staff were helpful. The rooms were lovely, spacious and had a great view of the sea from the balcony (only on one side of the hotel though). One room had great air-con, the other not so. An engineer came out to fix it but it made no difference. The room was clean and maid service daily was lovely. The beach (which in concrete and stones (so if you’re gonna go take some water shoes) was nice. The main pool for the hotel was across the road from the hotel about a 5 minute walk from the rooms. The issues with this hotel were as follows. €14 a day for parking, having to pay for a gym in a 5* hotel? And €6 for a bottle of water at dinner and when we refused to buy it and brought our own we were told we couldn’t despite them not providing us with tap water. Human rights no? The food is great if you like fish and meat. I however found it very bad being a vegetarian with not everything being labelled and just a ‘V’ to indicate would’ve helped enormously. Overall a pretty good stay despite the flaws but the town itself is very bland and not much to do so you need a car to explore as most things are 1h+ away.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Having stayed in such a beautiful hotel in Montenegro we were very disappointed in this hotel and also the location of Portoroz. The hotel was very dark, drab and depressing and is in need of an update for sure. The room that we had was also very dark but very spacious and had 2 large beds, a nice large balcony and renovated bathroom which was nice but this was about the only positive. Housekeeping was good. Good comfortable beds.

The breakfast buffet was big but poor quality and felt very much like a people factory. I would expect a 5 * hotel to seat guests and also offer tea and coffee however, you had to get this yourself - it reminded me of a school canteen.

This is certainly not up to a 5* standard hotel .. Portoroz was a massive disappointment too - very tacky and touristy.

Also, the hotel advertises the fact that it has a large swimming pool but this is in fact at the bottom of the hill across the main road and is for use for 4 hotels and the public so very busy and difficult to find a bed with no pool service ( which again you would expect in a 5 star hotel). Very strange arrangement. There is also a little pool with the hotel grounds but no good for swimming as it is s small.

Also, to note, the hotel is up a hill so not good for less able people. also, it is dark to walk to at night. There is a car park but you have to pay 14 euros per day so not free.

There is also a casino attached to the hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

It was surprise for me! I didn’t expect beautiful place in post communistic country!
People are extremely helpful and happy!
Food is fresh and delicious
Highly recommended
Visit Small restaurant with fresh fishes next to bus station( no coffee no tiramisu is my joke with owner).

Ice cream is to die for in Portoroz
You can visit isola and Piran ( the best restaurant - Marina hotel)

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

Very good hotel in Portoroz. Rooms, food, staff everything is excellent !!!
Swimming pool is also very good, with sea water, but have to be fix - there is a few spots/ broken places in pool which hase to be repair.
My only bad remark is regarding prices in restaurant- ih you have to pay 6€ for one bottle of water, this is in my opinion very expensive. Generally prices in restaurant are high.
Also what is for me strange- there is no possibility to get some kind of loyalty card for returned guests...
This is not normal. If you come 5, or more times in the same hotel you have to get some benefits. Remisens group don’t recognize such a guests or privileges for them.. This is something for thinking in Remisens!!!
If you want to choose a good hotel in quiet area in Portoroz, Metropol is my recommendation !

Date of stay: April 2018