1,330 results
All reviews old building new wing fleur de sel pool area until noon superior room older part sea view our honeymoon breakfast is served sparkling wine nice pool rooms are spacious salt water excellent breakfast fantastic hotel five star
Reviewed August 6, 2016

I stayed at Kempinski Palace between 18 July - 28 July 2016. We had a standard room.

Reception:
They were nice, polite and helpful. They spoke good English.

Room:
The room was large enough. The beds were comfortable. It was sufficient with wardrobes.

Bathroom:
The bathroom only had a bathtub.I prefere a stand alone shower. The hair dryer was not working very good. Hint bring your own.

Poolarea:
The area was large. There was enough sunbeds and they were comfortable. Sun towels were plentiful. As a non-smoker I was happy that one part of the area was for non-smokers only. The supervisor Oton was very helpful and friendly. He was also very observant when something needed attention.

Wifi:
Wifi was excellent. We could stream from Netflix.

Cleaning:
The cleaning of the public areas (ie toilettes) was not acceptable. Some guests do not flush... I do not want to act as a "flushing lady".

All in all, we had a wonderful stay and we will come back.

1  Thank SaraBus
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

I'm not sure where to start but this has to be one of the finest hotels anywhere. Having spent many holidays in Monaco I never thought I would find a hotel as good as this, especially in Slovenia!

One of the most enjoyable and comfortable stays that you could possibly imagine. Incredible quality and luxury with the most amazing staff you could ever wish to meet anywhere. Super restaurants and great buffet breakfast. Every hotel can learn from staying here.

Thanks a million and see you next year.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank C4263YQadamk
Reviewed August 3, 2016

We stayed 10 days at Kempinski and this is my hionest review. I will divide it into separate sections for easier reading.

Arrival
We drove by car and was immediately greated by Nace who took care of our luggage whilst we checked in. Very nice first impression.

Reception
During the stay we had several contacts with the reception. The reception was very friendly and always took the time to listen to what's on our mind. I would like to in particular point out Natalias great work; she always made sure that our comments and questions were properly followed up instead of just being passive. Very good and an example how the reception should work.

Rooms
We had a superior room facing the mountains. The room was large enough and contained all necessary items, including a refrigerator. A nice room, all in all.

Cleaning
The cleaning was usually properly done. There were a constant problem with the towels however. The "package" contained seven different towels but it seldom worked to get them back; sometimes we gor eight, sometimes five and anything in between. It was corrected after calling the reception, but it is strange that it could not work (which the reception agreed about).

Poolarea
The poolarea contains of two parts, one facing Lucija and the other facing Piran. One of the parts are for non-smokers which is great. The poolarea is supervised by Oton, who takes great pride in making the poolarea clean and inviting. He seems to consider the area as a place for his guests and his task as "host" is to ensure that everyone is having a great time. He is splendid, always cleaning, assisting with umbrellas or chatting with the guests. Oton is a great asset to Kempinski. It should be mentioned that when Oton is not there, the area is not well supervised and the atmosphere is different.

Internet
The internet is very fast and reliable. I value that a lot.

Restaurants
We used one of the restaurants (not "Sophia" but the other), Nothing to complain about regarding the food, but it is very expensive - more than double or even triple the cost for a lunch at the restaurants across the street (10 meters away from the hotel).

Breakfast
The breakfast options are great; you can choose from a lot of different items and there is no need to go hungry. You can choose at least semi healthy choices as well, which I value since I train a lot. However, it should be pointed out that the staff working at breakfast is far less polite than the staff in general. In fact, breakfast staffs behaviour(not the chef!) could be improved quite a bit. For instance do they remove your plate even when you are not done and are very stressed even when there is few guests (we ate breakfast at 0700 and there were approx six-seven guests present). - The breakfast area is divided into a smokers' and non-smokers' department.

Washing service
Hotel offers a washing service. The prices are however almost ridiculus and I doubt that anyone would use the service (at least nor for common clothes like a pair of trousers).

AC
The rooms have manually adjustable AC. However, please bear in mind that AC degrees may differ from what you may be used to. We usually have 22 degrees in order to be able to sleep, but at Kempinski we had 17 degrees. Do not hesitate to ask the reception for a lower range of degrees (20-24 degrees is standard but can be lowered if asked in reception).

General
Kempinski is a five star hotel and well worth it. The ambience is great and there is a lot of attention to details. To attract non-smokers, it is important to maintain non-smoker areas. I would recommend Kempinski and will consider to return.

2  Thank 1Viking1
Reviewed August 1, 2016

Everything was nice about this hotel--the rooms, the location, the service. I wish we could have stayed longer, but we were on a whirlwind tour of this part of the world. Although very touristy and crowded in the summer, the town is very nice, and you can take taxis into neighboring more relaxing villages

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

This hotel due to its high class appearance can't disappointe you. It has splendid service and nice rooms. Also now you can have cocktail on the rooftop with the excellent view of the sea so romantic. Must try. Enjoy yourself. ...

Trip type: Traveled as a couple