“Not only good looks”
Review of Julija

Julija
Ranked #19 of 641 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2013

A small, attractive reastaurant on the main street of the centre. We were there on a Sunday before Xmas and got a table facing the window on the street, very nice.
Good service - quick but not pressing - and good food, a bit expensive but it's justified by the quality. Table linen, dishes, glasses and cutlery in line.
I would recommend it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,660)

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Great food, great service. We had a very memorable meal here in September. We sat outside and enjoyed 'people watching' as we ate (no doubt we were 'people watched' as well). The various courses arrived at reasonable intervals, the wine was very good and any questions we had regarding the menu were quickly and efficiently answered. Enjoyed each and every course - couldn't pick a favourite meal from the three different mains that we ordered.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The food was wonderful in this bustling and crowded place. The hostess had a bit of an attitude but the server was very pleasant and we had a great time. As I said, the place was packed but there was no sense of rushing us and the pace of the meal was perfect (by European standards). We wish we would have had another night in the city to eat there again. We had a bottle of wine, two entrees and dessert for about $100 U.S. The meal was well worth it.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stopped by here for lunch on my last day in Ljubljana. I sat by the corner near the window and the whole place is just cozy. As I wasn't very hungry, I decided to go with their beef goulash. Was one of the best I've ever tasted. Can't tell you much about their desserts but I would give this place a go!

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We have selected Julia because of it's menu exposed outside and we did not regret it. The Cep mushrooms with prawns was delicious as well as the fillet with copious slices of truffle on top. The merlot wine we had was so good that we have asked a second glass. However the apple strudel at the end remained below my expectations. The inside was too pasty. Anyway in general we enjoyed the dinner very much