AdHoc Hostel
Hotel Mrak(Ljubljana)
Adora Hotel(Ljubljana)
Grand Hotel Union(Ljubljana)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice communal areagreat locationlaundry serviceold towna great place to staystayed here for nightsmirrorcafes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed here during our extensive EuroTrip and found the place to be ideally located to explore this rather small and beautiful city.
The old city attractions are barely a few metres away and even the palace is fairly accessible.
Although it would seem to us that the hostel was a fairly good place a few years back - but the maintenance has much to be desired making it look like a shadow of its past.
The room was fine and the wi-fi worked rather well. The sanitation was also do-able.
Although this would not be the best place for a couple or family to stay, however, for a backpacker, this would be a fine stopover.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors - there was water logging on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Hostel is in the city center of Ljubljana, so if You're looking for a place where is really close to the main atractions, then just go for it. You may not have the best sleep in Your life, but for that price is ok.
We stayed there last year during the summer, so all others hostel were full. That was our last choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed 2 days last week in this hostel! First it seemed pretty ok because of the location and the young people. But the room , the bed and the sanitary are really disgusting.
Me and my friend have both bits of bedbugs!!
We already saw that the bedding was old and dirty with stains and the matras felt like wrapped up carton , but we didn't expected this.
Also the shower and toilets are dirty and hot water run out quickly.
My advise DONT GO THERE!
The lounge room was also old and messy with broken banks and an old computer which didn't really work. ( also the internet connection was not really working)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Maybe it's gone downhill since I was there, but my experience here was fine. It wasn't very crowded and I really liked my view of the downtown area. The location is great (downtown Ljub is pretty small anyway), and it's not like I spent that much time at the hostel anyway.

For me it was fine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Firstly the location is perfect. Directly on the river running through the city, and in the old town area which has no cars nearby. Everything is in easy reach of the hostel and the cobblers bridge directly outside is a perfect area to experience street performances and the like.
Now for the bad stuff. We had originally booked ourselves into M14 hostel, but when we arrived were told that we had to go to Alibi due to renovations, however the price was the same, which at the time was fine, bit in hindsight I believe M14 was probably a much nicer place to stay.
The staff at Alibi were very friendly and helpful when we arrived. However the nice location and staff is ruined by the hostel itself. Everything is falling apart, the sofa's, toilet seats and lockers. In our room was another door, leading to another room! The first night this was fine, but on the second night we had people going in and out through our room, as if it was a corridor.
I also strongly advise you NOT to leave anything in the locker, if you unwisely choose to stay here. The lockers are weak and the door was pulled on mine enough so that some thief could reach inside to steal some of my money, and my iPod. Although I am aware that this is not the staffs fault or the hostels to an extent, they need to replace these rubbish lockers. When I reported the theft the night receptionist was very kind and willingly helped as a translator between me and the police.
Although the robbery was the low point of my stay on Ljubljana the hostel was equally as bad had it not happened.
This beautiful city and friendly people were almost ruined by our stay at this particular hostel. I will return to Ljubljana as I loved the city, I will not however return to this hostel.

• Stayed: August 2013