“Quirky hotel right in the midst of things”
Review of Hotel Galleria

Hotel Galleria
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Ljubljana
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel is about a 20 minute walk away from the station, down a main street and over the bridge into the pedestrianised area. It overlooks a pretty square and is adjacent to the main pedestrianised area for restaurants. It's full of character. We had Room 1 on the first floor - large - with chairs and a settee. The bathroom and toilet were a bit last century as was the overall decor but this perhaps added to its charm.

The staff were excellent - very cheerful and helpful. The breakfasts, although limited in choice, were perfectly adequate. There were complimentary sips of local liquors on offer in the small lounge area. An excellent location for this charming city and good value, overall.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stavros45

Reviewed May 17, 2014

A wonderful position close to the old town, river and castle which is a big plus. Unfortunately our room was very cold on arrival and took some time to warm up. It felt a bit run down and breakfast wasn't comfortable on low metal chairs. The reception staff we met were all helpful and pleasant.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Nice historical building, cosy rooms but many things leave to be desired
no lift, no shatters in the rooms, so i was awaken at 5.50, very modest breakfast.
I had a special deal but otherwise the hotel is not cheap 145.00€ per dobule room BB
But the city of Ljubljana is worth visiting!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I felt very happy in that charming hotel, the stuff paid so much attention on us and especially on our 2 years old daughter, we felt warmly welcome.
The Location is perfekt to experience old town Ljubljana, and the castel. Tivoli-park is a walk about 30 minutes away, and worth while to see. It´s a very beautiful park with nice cafes.
We´ll sure come back!
Sabine Torben&Carlotta

Room Tip: We had a room in the back of the hotel and it was so quiet and peacefull!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Hotel is a classic, old style building in a fantastic location near the river and castle. We had room 13, which is the very large 5 person room on the 3rd floor. Worked great for my family of 5. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was well stocked and clean. Only con worth noting is the breakfast, which was lame enough on our first morning to simply pass on the second morning, opting instead for some great options down the street.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Koele99
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I arrived on business a few days ago. A "sullen" girl called Ania met myself and my friends and gave us our room keys. Smiling was obviously not part of her makeup. When I got to my room (no 5) I realised that my chronic back injury would not cope with a bed which undulated like the himalayas!. I went immediately back to reception and asked for a change of room to be told by Ania "swap with one of your friends. We have no others." I told her not to worry i would look at another nearby (Lesar) where I have had a wonderful stay. She told me she would charge me anyway. She was exceptionally confrontational. Eventually she agreed i could have room 13 which had a new bed. The bed was great and in a 2 story apartment of 2 star quality. the bedroom was upstairs and under such tiny eves it was impossible to stand. I then decided a nice bath was in order. The bath was deep and looked lovely. I couldn't get the plug to work. I rang Ania- "we don't want you to have a batha nd therefore there is a hole in the plug". Luckily I had a cunning plan: I had a yoghurt top which sealed the hole in the plug ang I enjoyed enjoying the bath and getting one over on Slovenia's worst receptionist. The appartment had an open staicase which was very dangerous. Breakfast was OK but not a single member of staff around. How on earth did this hotel get such good reports. It is a dump. I have stayed in awful bed and breakfasts in the UK which were better. Don't be disappointed try the Lesar (it was the same priice the nights I stayed at the Antiq. On the last morning, I came down for breakfast and decided to carry some of my luggage down and leave it in reception. I ate my breakfast and went back up before 9am to have a rest in my room. Guees what when i got there they had stripped the bed and were remaking the appartment even though it was over 2 hours to check out.
Basil fawlty would love this place. !! I shall be back in the lovely Slovenia on business but NEVER in the antiq. I would also say that Barbara was a lovely girl who took over from Ania.

Room Tip: ask to see several rooms. If you want a bath make sure the plug hasn't had a hole drilled in it...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
7  Thank oliverrochester
antiqhotel, Manager at Hotel Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear valued guest

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your respective comment. We deeply regret the misfortune, we did not meet your expectations. As your valued and appreciated opinion is really important for us, we are taking your comment as constructive feedback.
We always try to deliver the best service to our respective guests and we deeply regret we were not successful with you.

We apologize again for inconvenience.

With kindest regards

Antiq Hotel manager

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hotel has a great localization on a beautiful square.
The room was large, clean, quite and lovely. Good bathroom and towels.
The staff was pleasant and really helpful!
I strongly recommend to everybody!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo