“Local food has never tasted so amazing”
Review of TaBar

TaBar
Ranked #26 of 643 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Slovenian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was skeptical at first. Tapas, Slovenia... But when I entered I was so warmly (seemed sincere) welcomed. The menu was mouth-watering and it was difficult to choose but I was suggested to just choose if I want 3 or 5 different pieces. At first 15 euros for 3 tapas sounded a bit too much. I was also suggested a wine. Everything local, of course. I got orange wine that I hadn't tried earlier. These 3 pieces of tapas were actually not small and definitely not simple or usual. These where amazing masterpieces chosen by the chef. Since I cannot describe the taste fairly enough I stop here. I left bigger tip than usually. And bought a bottle of wine.

2  Thank Aet K

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Book! We were lucky as the weather had turned and there were few people out and about but this will not always be the case and you must not miss this absolute joy of a restaurant. The setting is modern, the service exceptional and the food and wine simply to die for. Our server asked if we were open to trying new things and then suggested the tasting menus. We said that not all of our party of 4 were that hungry so he recommended the 3 course menu (one cold dish followed by two hot) as opposed the 5 course which adds one extra main and a dessert. Then we discussed what kind of wine we liked and he gave us a recommendation of a local wine. I dont want to ruin the surprise by describing in detail what we had either for food or wine but the tastes were simply sublime. We would have happily had more than the two different wines but one of us was driving and the other sympathetic ;-) The best thing I can say is that my 16 yr old son who was miserable at the beginning of the evening for not going back to Hood burger, spent most of the meal with his eyes closed in raptures simply commenting "wow". I would almost travel to Ljubljana simply to eat and drink here. But next time i would definitely book. Outstanding.

1  Thank Neil P
Reviewed July 28, 2014

except the great selection of local wines and perfect tapas the bar has excellent service. Very friendly, professional and knowledgeable staff

1  Thank 114Michal
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

TaBar is a restaurant with bar attached serving sensational food at a competitive price. We chose the 5 course tasting menu comprising hot and cold tapas of both the conventional variety and with a few surprises thrown in. The quality of the ingredients was incredible; local, fresh and melt in the mouth and the recommended wines were a perfect accompaniment. Having polished off the tapas and wine, we took the plunge with the chocolate mousse with olive oil and flour salt - incredible ! We left full and happy and the whole meal came to less than €25 per head - something that would have cost double on most other European capitals. A big congratulations to the team at TaBar - you have a success on your hands !

2  Thank Crispie1
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Must try "TaBar burger" when you visit this venue. Excellent extra juicy sauce topping.

Food 5/5