WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hotel Emonec

Hotel Emonec
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Ljubljana
Sydney
“Old town centre. Free breakfast. Free wifi. Clean.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

1. Location - location is unbeatable, 2min walk to the plaza with triple bridge/ church/riverbank, right in the middle of the historic old town, lots of restaurants around, also few min walk to supermarket and shopping street with post office, chemist & large department store etc. very handy & convenient.

I must say I didnt read the info about the fact it is in a 'pedestrian only zone' as the entire old town is.. so, my airport transfer drop me off on the edge and i had to walk it with my luggage (with wheels) quite late at night 11pm for a girl alone.. not big problem, it felt safe & its less than 10 min. the driver did tell me directions but when i reached the plaza with multiple streets i had to stop & read my lonely planet! found it within minutes so no sweat.

2. lobby/reception - reception staff were all (talked to at least 4 different ones) very helpful & polite, all speak English and informative regarding sightseeing.

3. room/ bed - the room is a bit small but enough, afterall this is not a 5 star hotel. the bed is clean & comfy. there is table & chair, wardrobe with coat hangers. its clean on arrival. however it seems the cleaner do not clean the floor. large bits of dirt/crumbs on floor are not cleaned during stay.

my room was facing a parking lot very quiet, the hotel is in a laneway setback from main street so its quiet & safe

4. bathroom - the shower curtain seems too short, flooded the bathroom almost daily !!! also no shower gel you need to get it at the dispenser at handwash basin..hence opening the shower curtain and more flooding opportunity! nevermind. I brought my own anyway. the toilet smelt a bit, must remember to close the bathroom door if you dont want to smell it in your room.

5. free breakfast - very good breakfast! good selection of meat & cheese, yogurt, bread with butter, jam etc coffee tea juice fruit its all there plenty of food lots of seats and staff clean up quickly even when a huge German school group turned up I didnt feel i had to wait long for food or seat.

6. upon check out you can store luggage in their locked up garage for free.

7. free wifi 24/7 in room & breakfast area.

Overall i was happy with my choice, in terms of location, cleanliness, price and level of facilities & service. (stayed 3 nights in June 2014)

Room Tip: there are like 3 steps up so you'll have to carry your luggage up no lift
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank jetsetqueen54321

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Location can not be beat, that is why we are giving 5 stars. Family room was quite large and perfect for four, with separate sleeping areas for the kids! Not fancy, but very functional! Parking was right adjacent to the square...do not attempt to drive up to the hotel...

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank travelingfoodiefam
Chicago,Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nites, staff were wonderful, breakfast was very good, rooms small but clean and adequate. Located steps from the charming and quaint city center. We had a wonderful experience walking thru this gem of a city. People were beyond friendly on the street, in the shops and attractions and are very proud of their city and country. We felt very welcome and charmed during our visit. Hotel is on a pedestrian street, therefore not accessible by car, a short 3 block walk from where the shuttle deposited us. If you have a car it might be a bit of a hassle, we did not.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Wombat999
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I mean, you cannot even drive up to unload your bags. I even asked a policeman and NO SIR, you can't go there. So we parked in an underground garage with no elevator. We had to schlep our many bags through a park and a pedestrian mall. When I complained the no-car-access situation the clerk told me the info was on the Booking website (I booked through them.) So I fired up my iPad and showed him there is absolutely no mention of the pedestrian only access. I will complain to Booking about this aspect. OK, our room: up one floor, no elevator: four people, two adults and two kids. The room is minuscule, no AC (it's about 90 F today), ONE POWER OUTLET for the whole room, unless you count the TV outlet, perched up on an arm by the ceiling. The price is frankly unreasonable given the quality of the place. (My wife chose it because of the Rick Steve recommend. She didn't see how poorly rated it is on Tripadvisor.)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank fkolingen
hotelemonec, Manager at Hotel Emonec, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Sir,

on our web site is cleary written that we are located in pedestrian zone and have access by car only till 9.30am. For guests arrival later we have parking spaces reserved in nearby parking house.

Also on Booking.com is written that we are located in the heart of Ljubljana’s historic quarter which is closed for car. It is also written that we have parking spaces reserved in nearby parking house and that reservation in advance is needed.

We received your reservation on the day of your arrival. We did not received any reguest for parking space and we were not able to send you directions for parking space as we do every day for many guests.

Informations about our location and parking spaces are cleary written you just need to read it.

Our hotel has only 1 floor and because of that we don't have elevator.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I wasn't really expecting much from this hotel as it was booked as part of a stag do. It was very basic, hence the two stars! Our quad room had mould in the shower and you had to hold the shower head as there was no attachment for it. The beds were pretty uncomfortable, but the sheets and towels were clean. Location is great and the room was large, but noisy. My advice is bring a pillow and skip breakfast. Buy a pastry and coffee from the spa round the corner!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank lockey101
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Location is very central and convenient. Room, staff, breakfast were fine, but not amazing. Parking was a bit of a challenge. Nearby parking garage is expensive. Parking meters were several blocks away and did not take credit cards. Still, we recommend the hotel and would return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Venice, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

It was positive the position, it is really good because it's in the city centre and you have a lot of restaurants, pub and bars around you.

But I didn't like the check in because I left my ID to the receptionist girl for the registration. When I was coming out to the hotel she kept my ID as guarantee even if I had already given my credit card number and I proposed her to pay cash in advance. But she didn't want it. I found it very strange because I work in hotel too and I told her. It was annoying me, because in some places they asked you the ID. Moreover, I didn't like the chambermaid shouting at 9:30 in the morning. The check out is supposed at 11:00, so why do they shout when the people is sleeping?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stefan081
hotelemonec, Manager at Hotel Emonec, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Sir,

we received your reservation via Booking.com.

The reservation was secure by creedit card.

We have rights to charge your credit card only in case of no show. We are not allowed to charge

your credit card for your stay. When you arrived in our hotel you had options:

- to gave us ID for qauarantee and pay the next day and pay at check out

- to pay by cash or credit card at check in

- to signature the document that you allowe us to charge the credit card for hotel payment

So, you did not pay at check in, you did not signature the document. You chose the first option.

In the hotel must be quiet from 22.00-7.00. Room mades start every day after 8.30. They must clean rooms was guests with early check in.