1. Location - location is unbeatable, 2min walk to the plaza with triple bridge/ church/riverbank, right in the middle of the historic old town, lots of restaurants around, also few min walk to supermarket and shopping street with post office, chemist & large department store etc. very handy & convenient.
I must say I didnt read the info about the fact it is in a 'pedestrian only zone' as the entire old town is.. so, my airport transfer drop me off on the edge and i had to walk it with my luggage (with wheels) quite late at night 11pm for a girl alone.. not big problem, it felt safe & its less than 10 min. the driver did tell me directions but when i reached the plaza with multiple streets i had to stop & read my lonely planet! found it within minutes so no sweat.
2. lobby/reception - reception staff were all (talked to at least 4 different ones) very helpful & polite, all speak English and informative regarding sightseeing.
3. room/ bed - the room is a bit small but enough, afterall this is not a 5 star hotel. the bed is clean & comfy. there is table & chair, wardrobe with coat hangers. its clean on arrival. however it seems the cleaner do not clean the floor. large bits of dirt/crumbs on floor are not cleaned during stay.
my room was facing a parking lot very quiet, the hotel is in a laneway setback from main street so its quiet & safe
4. bathroom - the shower curtain seems too short, flooded the bathroom almost daily !!! also no shower gel you need to get it at the dispenser at handwash basin..hence opening the shower curtain and more flooding opportunity! nevermind. I brought my own anyway. the toilet smelt a bit, must remember to close the bathroom door if you dont want to smell it in your room.
5. free breakfast - very good breakfast! good selection of meat & cheese, yogurt, bread with butter, jam etc coffee tea juice fruit its all there plenty of food lots of seats and staff clean up quickly even when a huge German school group turned up I didnt feel i had to wait long for food or seat.
6. upon check out you can store luggage in their locked up garage for free.
7. free wifi 24/7 in room & breakfast area.
Overall i was happy with my choice, in terms of location, cleanliness, price and level of facilities & service. (stayed 3 nights in June 2014)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Emonec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emonec Hotel Ljubljana