“Distinctly average”
Review of Hotel Emonec

Hotel Emonec
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Ljubljana
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I wasn't really expecting much from this hotel as it was booked as part of a stag do. It was very basic, hence the two stars! Our quad room had mould in the shower and you had to hold the shower head as there was no attachment for it. The beds were pretty uncomfortable, but the sheets and towels were clean. Location is great and the room was large, but noisy. My advice is bring a pillow and skip breakfast. Buy a pastry and coffee from the spa round the corner!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank lockey101

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Location is very central and convenient. Room, staff, breakfast were fine, but not amazing. Parking was a bit of a challenge. Nearby parking garage is expensive. Parking meters were several blocks away and did not take credit cards. Still, we recommend the hotel and would return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2014

It was positive the position, it is really good because it's in the city centre and you have a lot of restaurants, pub and bars around you.

But I didn't like the check in because I left my ID to the receptionist girl for the registration. When I was coming out to the hotel she kept my ID as guarantee even if I had already given my credit card number and I proposed her to pay cash in advance. But she didn't want it. I found it very strange because I work in hotel too and I told her. It was annoying me, because in some places they asked you the ID. Moreover, I didn't like the chambermaid shouting at 9:30 in the morning. The check out is supposed at 11:00, so why do they shout when the people is sleeping?

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank stefan081
hotelemonec, Manager at Hotel Emonec, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Sir,

we received your reservation via Booking.com.

The reservation was secure by creedit card.

We have rights to charge your credit card only in case of no show. We are not allowed to charge

your credit card for your stay. When you arrived in our hotel you had options:

- to gave us ID for qauarantee and pay the next day and pay at check out

- to pay by cash or credit card at check in

- to signature the document that you allowe us to charge the credit card for hotel payment

So, you did not pay at check in, you did not signature the document. You chose the first option.

In the hotel must be quiet from 22.00-7.00. Room mades start every day after 8.30. They must clean rooms was guests with early check in.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Location is great in the strict center of Ljubljana. Staff was friendly.
Room is new and basic: bed, closet, little desk with TV and small bathroom.
Everything was clean.
Breakfast isn't so great, coffee is from coffee machine.
Price is too big for 2* hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Location is ideal here right in the heart of old town. Rooms are everything you need and nothing more no frills. Kind of annoying where the soap/body wash dispenser is located to shower, but results in lower water usage by habit so I can't disapprove of it. If you're driving, they only have 8 parking spots so you'll need to reserve one. If here on the weekend, parking is a cinch since free after 1pm on Sat and all day Sunday on the streets (traffic is LOW). Great experience, but truth be told I would not pay a premium for location in a city like Ljubljana since so much is in walking distance (the price here is quite reasonable)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Rick Steves' tour book brought us to this hotel and we were thrilled! The location was ideal! We walk everywhere so the centralized location made touring Ljubljana easy. We also went on day trips everyday so walking to the bus depot and the train station was incredibly easy from this hotel. The staff was amazing to us! They helped us plan our day trips and gave us tips on how to make the most of our time! They coordinated our shuttle to and from the airport. The rooms are basic. So don't expect luxury but I would not agree that it is a hostel! Our private room and bath worked well for the 7 nights we stayed. Beds were comfortable and the room temp was perfect. We stayed in room 104 which could have been noisy but because of the time of year, we did not have any problems with noise. We did not have a car so parking was not an issue. The wifi worked pretty well in the room but a few times we asked for them to reset it at the front and that seemed to help pick up the speed. I really want to thank the staff for making our trip to Slovenia wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for a hair dryer if you need one. They have some hand soap dispenser in the bath...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed in a dozen hotels on our three week trip and this one is at the bottom. I think it might be okay for backpackers on a budget as the whole atmosphere seemed more like a hostel. Our bathroom seemed to be some kind of modular unit placed into the room with a tiny tiny sink and very little space to move. It really was not suitable for us (traveled with two adult children). Parking was very difficult due to restrictions on travel in the area with streets blocked at certain times of day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family