“This trip made me want to live in Ljubljana”

Watermelon Ljubljana by Bike
More attraction details
Owner description: Get on two wheels and discover a different side of Ljubljana! We will explore backstreets and other city attractions away from the run-of-the-mill touristy places in the centre! We will go out of the main centre into quieter parts, along the riverbanks, through parks,pass modern architecture and important historical places. All this combined with intriguing stories makes a true experience!
Bled
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This trip made me want to live in Ljubljana”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I thought I knew our capitol of Slovenia - Ljubljana pretty well, but Tevz from Watermelon bike tours showed us totally different perspective of this beautiful city.

We were a group of friends, all from Slovenia on a weekend road trip around the country and were all amazed from the very start of this bike tour. Most of the places on the route were just new and pleasant surprises for all of us. Even more, Ljubljana from the angle of the bike tour Tevz designed made us talk that moving to Ljubljana from our beautiful countryside homes wouldn't be such a bad idea. It's a laid back place with a nice diversity and hipness.

I thought I knew Ljubljana as I been to city center and walked all around numerous times, but haven't seen 90% of interesting places before this tour.

Tevz as a guide is very knowledgeable, relaxed and friendly.

Thank you for a great tour, it was definetly my highlight of that road trip!

Keep up the good work, Domen :)

Visited October 2013
1 Thank 3glav
TevzCernigoj, General Manager at Watermelon Ljubljana by Bike, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Yes, Ljubljana is definitely very pleasant to live in and also to visit.

Plenty more hidden spots around town, for some even we don't know yet :)

Margate, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect tour to see Ljubljana”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been on bike tours of other cities and can safely say this has been the best! The tour itself was fantastic for seeing the delights of all of Ljubljana, not just the immediate tourist areas in the city. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to the outskirts and seeing areas that I would not have simply stumbled upon in my relatively short time in Ljubljana. Tevz was extremely friendly and knowledgeable and I would highly recommend.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank R0b0_6
New York City, New York
“Fantastic tour in a charming city!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Watermelon Ljubljana bike tour was one of the highlights of my 3-week trip in Europe! Not only do you get to experience the city as a local riding in the numerous bike lanes, but you also get to experience the history and culture of a charming old city. Tevz is extremely knowledgeable about his city and he takes you to the most interesting spots in Ljubljana. From statues to public parks to the cemetery, it's the best way to see the city. And you will see the whole city! Great price for a great time. I'm an experienced city biker, but this bike tour is suited for all levels. Highly recommended!

Visited September 2013
TevzCernigoj, General Manager at Watermelon Ljubljana by Bike, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thanks for a lovely review. Looking forward to cycle the streets of New York one day!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best view of Ljubljana!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

If you want to have the feeling of a local, seeing Ljubljana on this bike tour will fill your bill. The city is so bike friendly, you feel comfortable in no time. Our guide had a wealth of knowledge that he shared. His style was confident yet reassuring to all levels of bike riders. The bikes provided were in good working order. Would highly recommended this tour as soon as you arrive. Perfect city orientation!

California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great way to explore Ljubljana.”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have taken bike tours in other European cities, but this was the best! The pace and terrain were excellent for both the "in shape" and "not so in shape" riders. We visited places of interest, not even mentioned in guide books. We were thoroughly pleased with all aspects of the tour. . . . . the bike, route, information and guide. Travel money and time very well spent!

1 Thank BanningPilot