“nice to stay little bit outside the city”

and 1 more site!
Guest House Pri Vodniku
Ranked #30 of 55 Ljubljana B&B and Inns
Graz, Austria
“nice to stay little bit outside the city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

The guest house is located not directly in the city center, but it is possible to walk to the center in about 20 minutes. We stayed there for one night, just to visit Ljubljana at night again. The room was quite small but we had everything you need. The breakfast is very simple, with bread, cheese and butter and a good coffee. But you could also choose a sweet breakfast or cereals as I remember right.
For the double bed room we payed 75 euros for the night including the breakfast.

Good choice for a stopover, but for visiting just Ljubljana maybe a little bit too far outside.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank InWe26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bruges, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here during the Christmas holidays. We got a wonderful welcome on our first evening. As we arrived rather late, we chose to dine in the restaurant. And what a good and fine choice this was. The lady who helped us with our choice of food and wine was so nice and generous. The room was not too big but most definitely okay! In the morning we could choose what to eat for breakfast and again the staff was absolutely kind and helpful. When we come back to Ljubljana, this is a place to revisit!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LilyLighthouse
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

It is a perfect choice, you must see it, the rooms are also very nice, old slovenian style. If you want to go to the center it is only five minutes with car or you have a bus station infront. They have real slovenian food and it is very tasty. You want be sorry to visit them

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank alberto2964
Calgary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

So I'm struggling with this review. I don't want to say anything bad about this place. The location is a 40 mins walk to the city centre most of which is through a nice park. Taxi is about 5 mins (5€). The staff are nice and the room was superb.

I was surprised however to learn after I left that I got an email explaining that I was going to be charged with two breakfasts (which is how many I ate there).

After inquiring as to wtf that was about I was told that having the breakfast included was a separate price not included in the bookings.com / trip advisor booking...um..

Now if I miraculously missed this than my bad. I looked at my bookings and did not see this indicated as "separate" and the no meal option which I did note typically means lunch and dinner not breakfast at a bed and BREAKFAST. This should not be listed under trip advisor bed and breakfasts though for sure. If breakfast is not included then it is no different than a hotel with a restaurant. In which case. I would have to recommend finding other accommodations.

Other options which I did explore closer to town included breakfast for the same price for a private room.

Again I'm conflicted about this review. At no point did the restaurant staff tell me how "much" breakfast was, nor did they tell me to pay after my meal, or ask me what room I was in or gave me any indication that breakfast was not included.

Unfortunately for this reviewer, a surprise email stating I owed money after I paid and checked out that I did not think I owed at all and had no indication of this does not constitue good practice, unfortunately for them it's the first average review.

Had this not happened I would have been glad to give it a stunning review. Nice staff, flexible and accommodating, clean, all great if you can handle the distance from the centre (note: there are no trams in this city and the buses do not take cash only tickets which are simply not tourist friendly).

So we might all be to blame here, me, them and trip advisor. If you book at this B & B however, be prepared to pay for your B.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Funkyjive5
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

The rooms are large and nice. There is free internet. There is also a restaurant with typical Slovenian food. The price is acceptable. The hotel is clean and not far from the city center (5-10 mins by taxi). The surrounding streets are pretty quit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank valdothebird
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have been there for two times and it was just excellent, the food was excellent, the real slovenian international food, very delicious,the people are very kind, the rooms are beautiful, it is very near the city center just 15 minutes walk

• Stayed January 2013