“Beautiful kayak trip in the great company of Adventure Slovenia guides”
Review of Adventure Slovenia

Adventure Slovenia
Ranked #7 of 32 Food & Drink in Ljubljana
More attraction details
Owner description: Our day trips and excursions are specially designed to take you to the cultural heart of Slovenia. The main tourist destinations are easy to explore on your own, yet the authentic local culture and history will come to life only after you let us show you this collection of special places that we know so well. Our experienced local guides make it their priority to assist in your discovery of the unique and unexpected side of Slovenia. Adventure Slovenia with us,...
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had a perfect day going on a kayak trip on river Krka with Adventure Slovenia team! They were super fun, yet still very professional, everything was going very smoothly and with no unnecessary complications (including reservation, payment, pick-up etc.) The guide escorting us even was an ex kayak champion! We were all Slovenians, the whole group going there, but none of us had ever before heard of this wonderful place in Dolenjska region. The nature along the river is amazingly beautiful, we couldn't believe it! After finishing with the kayak ride we had lunch in this idyllic restaurant by the river – the food was absolutely delicious. You HAVE TO take this trip!

We made another trip with this same company at another occasion when some friends from abroad were visiting. We went to Slovenian coast, which could easily turn out to be quite a dull trip, especially for us locals going along… But it was again far away from that! They just manage to find really special and not just super touristic spots in every region of Slovenia, I guess!

Keep up the good work, Adventure Slovenia! Hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Adventure Slovenia

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Best rafting trip I have been on. Gorgeous, professional, safe, absolutely unforgettable. Wet suits were a little ick but aren't they all when they're used :-) Big thumbs up.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Beeing the first time in Slovenja, Adventure Slovenia made most out of my stay. Jure and his team took me to an amazing outdoor adventure in Slovenia´s mountains. Rafting, biking and hiking - all activities were well organized, the guides were super friendly and any equipment was up to date.
Especially their careful driving (in a brand new van ) on small mountain roads made me feel very comfortable and safe. Definitly one of my best outdoor experiences. I enjoyed being taken care of experienced professionals in relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had initially booked and paid for 10 people to go white water rafting in the Soca River. Shortly after paying I had contacted Jure to cancel 2 of the guests, as they were pregnant and the doctor would not let them on the trip. When I had cancelled Jure assured me the day of the excursion that I would recieve 80% of the money in cash for the two guests that had cancelled. When I brought this up to Jure the day of he acted like he knew nothing about it and did not have the money there. Then assured me he would transfer the money back to me via Paypal since I would not see him after the rafting was over. This never occurred. I never received any money back. Very unprofessional from a business owner.

We were picked up at the port by a driver that had been provided by Adventure Slovenia. I can honestly say that I have never felt as unsafe during a car ride as this one, as did all of the other passengers. The driver was racist and making very derogatory comments about the Italian heritage, which some guests on the tour were actually from Italy. It was very uncomfortable. He was very inappropriate and his driving was out of control. He was going way more than double the speed limit on a road that was basically one way. Had another car be coming on a blind bend we would of ended up over a cliff. We had asked him to please slow down and told him we did not feel safe with the way he was driving, but he continued.

After our 2 hour drive of terror we arrived at the rafting site. Our guide for the actual rafting portion of the tour was fantastic. He was very knowledgeable and helpful during the rafting. Only complaint about the rafting was the wetsuits they provide are disgusting. Most have holes where water comes in and smell terrible. They need replaced.

We were scheduled to have lunch after the rafting adventure, but once they had mentioned that we would be dining on bear and horse we had declined, even though we had paid in advance for that as well (never informed of what we would be eating). We thought since we had skipped lunch that it would give us more than enough time to get back to the ship anyways and have the driver drive at a slower rate. This was not the case, plus it was raining heavily to top it all off.

Overall I must say that the rafting experience was good but NOT AT ALL worth the 4 hours of driving and abuse we had to go through to get to the river.

Find yourself another company that will actually adhere to its contract and not refuse to refund you your money. Plus get you there safely.

1  Thank christie51342
AdventureSlovenia, Public Relations Manager at Adventure Slovenia, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our business. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the this particular issue that you mentioned and also spoke with the employee in question. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out from our excursions feeling refreshed with good memories.

We will contact you shortly by email

Thank you very much and warm regards from Slovenia

Adventure Slovenia team

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went for a full day trip to the region of Goriska Brda with Adventure Slovenia. During the trip we had the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful scenery while biking (cca 30km long and pictoresque roads),stopped by for a wine tasting visit at family winery in Kozana,where we got acqauinted to the process of organic wines production. We finished our day with this most amazing lunch at the Klinec family resort in Plesivo (amazing panorama on the landscape of Goriska Brda, very pleasant interior,hospitable hosts),where they prepared traditional slovenian food. Grattitude for the comfortable transportation and professional approach from our Adventure Slovenia guide. Will definitely go back to Slovenia and take Adventure Slovenia tours again.

3  Thank josifovskijane