“Excellent restaurant and delicious food”
Review of Gostilna in pizzerija Castello - CLOSED

Gostilna in pizzerija Castello
Cuisines: International, Slovenian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Manager of the tripadvaisor site
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have visited Castello once with my friends and I have to say that there was excellent meal. I have tasted delicious home fish ''postrv'' and my friends have tasted delicious homemade Slovenian food and tastefull wine. Just astonishing! I recommend it for family, friends, some business partners. It is beautiful enviornment, worth to try it! Salut! :)

There are newer reviews for Gostilna in pizzerija Castello

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I came to castello after one month and i was surprised with the restaurant again, restaurant is completely renovated in every way, new menus, new wall painting, new everything. This time I ate Slovenian traditional sausage: Kranjska klobasa with polenta which is kind of side dish made from corn, simply delicious. Next time i will try some fish, some couple next to me ordered it and only by the look of plate and face mimic of the customers i know that must be extremely good. One in one, it is one of the best restaurant in Ljubljana.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Yes, I have to say YES to Castello. This is one of the best dinning experiences ever. Magic, lovely, frendly, cosy, adorable and tasteful.
You just have to love the staff, cosines, attitude and relaxing statement of likable athmospere.

I would defenitely reccomend eating there, eather with family, kids, partner, bussiness meal or just a quick escape from lively Ljubljanas streets :)

1  Thank Ilce P
Reviewed June 6, 2013

When you go to the Ljubljana Castle there is a footpath that leads you to the top of the hill. Just cc. 20 meters from it is Castello. A nice small restaurant that has pleasant staff that makes you feel at home, a nice simple ambient, and a fanstastic menu. The menu is a mixture of tradional italian and balkan foods. The portion are really big and tasty. For what it's worth I think there you can eat one of the best pizzas in Ljubljana. If you go there definitely try the Slavonska pizza. They also have tasty soups as a predish and fine desserts for the finish. They also offer salads with the main course which you can spice it yourself and they offer big salads also for the main dish. They also offer vegetarian and sea food which I've heard are tasty and the portions are also big, although I think it's a meat haven, but that's my opinion cause I always order something with meat in it. I'm a student in Ljubljana so I have student coupons so it is really cheap for me, but the price for those who don't have student coupons are small for what is offered. Definitley a reccomendation.

1  Thank Walter W
Reviewed May 18, 2013

A minute or two off the beaten track Castello is a hidden gem. The freshest possible fish from the owners' two vessels, we were told. A home-made grappa welcome and a blueberry liqueur farewell, on the house. Matteo who guided our choices of food suggested an excellent baked seabass, with carrots, zucchini and potatoes, and the latter, in spite of a fine white even arrived crisp. All in shining stainless baking dish kept warm on a chafing plate. Preceded by excellent fresh mixed salad, accompanied by a recommended Slovenia wine, a fresh bottle, but we were charged only for our actual consumption......
Simple, straightfoward, and this choice was a 40-minute wait of which we were told in advance. The original recommendation came from a waiter in another fish retaurant/ The location is only five minutes off the beatenn tourist track.
Since we do not eat meat or shellfish, on this five-week trip we have almost a fish a day. Hats off to Castello!!!! We're glad to be its first reviewers

1  Thank Yasmine965