“If I'm ever back in Ljub, Ill be there!”
Review of Sax Hostel

and 1 more site!
Sax Hostel
canada
“If I'm ever back in Ljub, Ill be there!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hostel run by nice helpful people. Very cool jazz theme with its own jazz bar next door. About 20-30 min straightforward walk from train/bus stn thru the scenic centre. Its a pretty city and so a nice walk along the canal to it. The only thing I missed there was a kitchen but the centre is close with lots of cafes, markets, etc and theres a bakery very close. Clean bathrooms with up to date fixtures etc and good hot water. Fast wifi where ever I was in the hostel. Locker in room I could put my pack in (just barely) and they supplied a lock. If I'm ever back in Ljub Ill be there!

• Stayed November 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stumbled on this hostel accidentally but I'm really happy I chose it! Not only the jazz theme is magnificent but also it has a nice pub at the ground floor which is also very cute. The place was really clean and cozy.

The highlight though is the staff which are amazingly helpful. It would be impossible to describe how assissting they were. I can't stress enough how happy I was with their eagerness to help in any way imaginable.

I highly recommend this place with no hesitation whatsoever!

The neighbourhood (Trnovo) is also very nice very close to the city centre.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bombay
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at hostel sax , Ljubljana, slovenia during my trip to Europe in August 2012. I hostel is wonderful, staff is very kind and helpful. When I landed at airport , I missed my bus to the town but the hostel staff guided me to take a cab and provided me required directions. The surrending area of this hostel is called eprova it's old Ljubljana and wonderful place to hang out, if you are lucky you will find live party at this place. Rooms are clean and neat, owners are very kind and listens to your needs. It's really a good place to stay if our are going to Ljubljana. Hire a cycle from hostel and you can discover the ci, Ljubljana castle is very near by. I had a great time during my stay there , I would definitely stay at hostel sax during my next visit.

Swap

Room Tip: Well my view is all rooms are nice and cosy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Swapnil-liverpo... W
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Amazing staff, ready to help you as much as they possibly can, with great tips!
The hostel has it's own soul and livelihood, sparking clean and good facilities and location.
An amazing terrace for spring/summer, good music at the bar, live every Thursday night...

This place is just amazing....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Guillaume B
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 3, 2012

just got back from holidays , among other places also visited Ljubljana in Slovenia , that was on our list for a long time already.. We stayed in a new SAX hostel , that was recomended to us back home by our friends who were there last month. What a nice surprise it was. Friendly staff ( you feel like being home) , relaxed atmsphere and very clean .(showers cleaned twice) a day
We realy liked the design of interior and the grafitti painted house from outside makes it very special.We like to compliment the manager Mrs. Lea , who did the interior design.
Also The Sax jazz pub with its terrace and live jazz music was a nice surprise.Good jazz musicians in Slovenia.
Our stay in Ljubljana , in a hostel , situated beautifuly on the riverbanks , just 10 min walk from The Three Bridges,was realy unforgetable ,
We highly recomend it.
rgds joop

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank joost d
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We had a two night stay in Ljubljana and our pre booked hostel was such a nightmare we decided to move here. Great atmosphere (no surprise with the pub downstairs) and within 10/15 minutes walk of the main square. 8 bed dorm was large, clean and comfortable. Only problem when we stayed was broken shower upstairs but this was being fixed as we left.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank gunprecedented
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed here last night, got there at about 9.30pm so the people running the place were out working in the very cool bar out the front, but when they came out the back they got us set up pretty quickly and were really lovely. Place is brand new - very contemporary feel - think ikea! Had a double loft room with velux sky light. Bed was comfy. Bathroom was sparkling clean. We were the only ones who used it the whole time we were there! Dealt with 3 different people while we were there and they were all really chatty and helpful, just like all Slovenians are! Located right by the river which leads to a ten minute stroll up to the main square and another 10 to the train/bus station. Would not hesitate to recommend this hostel for a great place to stay in beautiful Ljubljana!

• Stayed June 2012