“Very good hotel, but not with the best possible location!”

Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Ljubljana
Reviewed February 11, 2011

This new 4-star hotel with 214 rooms is easily accessible if you come from the highway, but is relatively far away from the city centre (25-30 min walk) and this is probably the only disadvantage of this very nice in general venue. The good news is that the hotel is not far away from the so-called BTC City (around 3 km) - the largest shopping centre in Slovenia, with a lot of shops, supermarkets, hypermarkets and parallel activities, such as: the market hall, car wash, post office, banks, brokerage, financial point, diagnostic centre, pharmacy, language school, tourist agencies, diverse range of services (hair dressers, shoemaker, dressmaker, florist, optician’s, watchmakers), as well as catering establishments (bars, restaurants, fish market, fast food, confectionery, pizzerias, beer house and brewery). For 90 EUR per night you get a cozy air-conditioned room, with deposit box, TV , free wireless Internet access and a tasty breakfast included. The personnel is very friendly and helpful, there is a underground parking where you can park your car. The hotel is offering also spa procedures, sauna, steam bath and massages, but I haven't used them and can't comment if they are good or not. I have seen also a casino downstairs on my way to the underground parking. For sure this is one of the best hotels in Ljubljana and I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Wolfchild

Reviewed February 4, 2011

I stayed for a short trip in the Austria Trend hotel. as mentionned by other travellers, the hotel is on the outskirt of the city, just close by the ring, which is very convenient if you have businesses outside the city. I had a very plesant stay, room was large and clean, large selection of TV channels and free functionning wireless internet. Bed was very good and bathroom very nicely set up with a bathtube. Breakfast was ok, just poor quality of orange juice but otherwise good.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Although I stayed there for only one night, I have to say that the hotel room was more than spacious with a very modern and extremely clean bathroom. Breakfast was excellent and so was the coffee served. I only wish I had more days to stay..

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Nidri
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Our family had rooms here for several nights! Wonderful, clean, modern! Cannot say enough good things about this hotel! Staff were friendly and accomadating to our needs! Breakfast was fabulous!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2010

We stayed here,my wife and myself,for two nights.Real 4 star hotel,but you have to take a taxi(costs 10 euros)in order to go to the historical,old city center.We recommend it with no doubt!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I came in Ljubljana with my girlfriend after the New Year 2010 and stayed in this hotel for only one night.

At the arrival the Receptionist was pretty polite with us, suggesting us to park our car in a building nearby the hotel. The price of this service (the hotel doesn’t have its own parking) for one night was – in my opinion – really high … around 20,00 Euro!

The common area at the ground floor was really clean but, when I came in my room, I was really surprised that in the bed there was something dirty! I called the Reception and showed the dirty bed to the receptionist. He was really sorry and came back with the key of another room: it was bigger and cleaner.

We ate at the Restaurant, but at my arrival my knife wasn’t clean and the courses were really poor, the attendant seemed very unsatisfied and tired.

During the night we didn’t have any problem with any kind of noise, the bathroom was wide and clean.

The breakfast offer of the Hotel Austria Trend in Ljubljana was a little bit poor (or poorer than we expected): there wasn’t a wide offer of courses and their quality seemed low. Also the quality of the service was lower than expected.

In general, I think that this hotel offered us a pretty poor service for its rates (compared also to other hotels of the same category) and I don’t think we will ever be back there.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2010

this is a very decent place, modern, clean and very good management and staff. a bit away of city center yet Ljubljana is very small city so you will be downtown in 10 minutes max.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business