We had a lovely break at the City Hotel, we arrived early and so the friendly gentleman at reception upgraded us. We had a lovely room, gorgeous bathroom with plenty of soft white towels, hot water and lovely free toiletries. Beds were very comfy - we both slept well. Breakfast was buffet style with a LOT of choice, you would not go hungry here !! REALLY lovely coffee but I agree with the comments about the orange juice machine = best avoided. We found the staff to be very friendly, always a hello and a smile when we came back from a busy day of being tourists. This hotel is very close to all the main sites. If we come back to Ljubljana ( & we hope to !!) we will definitely book this hotel again as we found it smart, clean and comfortable - a delight !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Hotel is located in the very heart of Ljubljana and is an excellent choice for both business guests and tourists to discover the charms of Ljubljana and Slovenia. It has a wonderful view of Ljubljana Castle and the city cathedral, and an ideal location just a stone’s throw from the historic old town. This pleasant hotel among the vibrant city inns, shops, and attractive historical buildings offers local Slovenian and international cuisine as well as a state-of-the-art congress center. The Jože Pučnik international airport is only 25 km from the hotel, and the main railway and bus station is only 400 m away. The hotel is easy to access from all of the city’s major roads; once in the city, you simply follow the blue hotel signs. Ljubljana’s City Hotel is the successor to the venerable Štrukelj Hotel, which opened in 1907. The current hotel excels in its friendly staff, the warmth of its rooms, and a broad range of services found at an excellent location in the very city center. City Hotel has 201 rooms, three luxury suites, an underground garage, a conference center with four meeting rooms, a library, a terrace, an Internet corner, a restaurant, and a bar. City Hotel’s complete makeover concluded with its opening in September 2007. The “basic” and “standard” rooms were renovated, and the “superior” rooms were moved to a completely new part of the hotel. All of the rooms use a card-locking system and all of them have free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your City Hotel Ljubljana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cityhotel Hotel Ljubljana
- Ljubljana Cityhotel Hotel