The City Hotel is located a short walk from the river and the old town and about fifteen minutes on foot from the train station. If you fly into the city, a shuttle is offered for 9 euro.
The downstairs of the hotel and the hallways are clean and modern. However, the renovation appears not to have reached the room in which we stayed. The room was clean, but the walls had scuff marks and the carpet was a bit threadbare. The beds were old and not particularly comfortable. There was a lot of mildew growing above the shower and a lot of grime in the crevices of the shower. There are a lack of hooks in the bathroom on which to hang things. On the plus side, the hot water is really hot and plentiful.
All of the staff who I interacted with were friendly, helpful and spoke excellent English.
The breakfast area is large which is good as it fills up. However, we never had trouble getting a table as there are so many. The offerings are plentiful with a number of cooked items, cereals, fruit and breads. The downside was the coffee machine which was powdered rather than ground.
For the price of the hotel, I would have expected a lot more in terms of the quality of the room. Finding it worn and tired was disappointing. Although it was otherwise a good stay, I will look elsewhere for my next visit to Ljubljana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Hotel is located in the very heart of Ljubljana and is an excellent choice for both business guests and tourists to discover the charms of Ljubljana and Slovenia. It has a wonderful view of Ljubljana Castle and the city cathedral, and an ideal location just a stone’s throw from the historic old town. This pleasant hotel among the vibrant city inns, shops, and attractive historical buildings offers local Slovenian and international cuisine as well as a state-of-the-art congress center. The Jože Pučnik international airport is only 25 km from the hotel, and the main railway and bus station is only 400 m away. The hotel is easy to access from all of the city’s major roads; once in the city, you simply follow the blue hotel signs. Ljubljana’s City Hotel is the successor to the venerable Štrukelj Hotel, which opened in 1907. The current hotel excels in its friendly staff, the warmth of its rooms, and a broad range of services found at an excellent location in the very city center. City Hotel has 201 rooms, three luxury suites, an underground garage, a conference center with four meeting rooms, a library, a terrace, an Internet corner, a restaurant, and a bar. City Hotel’s complete makeover concluded with its opening in September 2007. The “basic” and “standard” rooms were renovated, and the “superior” rooms were moved to a completely new part of the hotel. All of the rooms use a card-locking system and all of them have free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your City Hotel Ljubljana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cityhotel Hotel Ljubljana
- Ljubljana Cityhotel Hotel