We were two couples traveling together, staying in different rooms. The rooms we were in were quite spacious, very clean and quiet. The wi-fi worked quite well anywhere in the room. The hotel seems to have been refurbished quite recently, even with three fast elevators in service - all activated with the room electronic card. Hot water in the bathroom was never lacking. The reception staff were all very helpful, as was Francesco who served us in our evening meals. Breakfast was very varied and very good, with a good assortment of fresh bread, cold meats, warm staff, cereals, cheeses, sweets...... It's location is excellent, being only five minutes walk from the centre. Except for the parking, which the hotel charges €18 per day, and no tea/coffee making facilities in the room, the hotel is all in all very good value for money, bearing in mind the location, the room, cleanliness, and breakfast service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Hotel is located in the very heart of Ljubljana and is an excellent choice for both business guests and tourists to discover the charms of Ljubljana and Slovenia. It has a wonderful view of Ljubljana Castle and the city cathedral, and an ideal location just a stone’s throw from the historic old town. This pleasant hotel among the vibrant city inns, shops, and attractive historical buildings offers local Slovenian and international cuisine as well as a state-of-the-art congress center. The Jože Pučnik international airport is only 25 km from the hotel, and the main railway and bus station is only 400 m away. The hotel is easy to access from all of the city’s major roads; once in the city, you simply follow the blue hotel signs. Ljubljana’s City Hotel is the successor to the venerable Štrukelj Hotel, which opened in 1907. The current hotel excels in its friendly staff, the warmth of its rooms, and a broad range of services found at an excellent location in the very city center. City Hotel has 201 rooms, three luxury suites, an underground garage, a conference center with four meeting rooms, a library, a terrace, an Internet corner, a restaurant, and a bar. City Hotel’s complete makeover concluded with its opening in September 2007. The “basic” and “standard” rooms were renovated, and the “superior” rooms were moved to a completely new part of the hotel. All of the rooms use a card-locking system and all of them have free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your City Hotel Ljubljana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cityhotel Hotel Ljubljana
- Ljubljana Cityhotel Hotel