“Great Place- Even though not close to old town”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Ljubljana
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Ljubljana
“Great Place- Even though not close to old town”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We checked in on a Saturday. Checking in took less than 5 minutes. Our room was on the tenth floor. The room was very nice with modern and somewhat luxorious fixtures and bedding. Parking is located at the hotel and very easy to use. We ordered room service the night we stayed there due to the fact that we were tired from running around all day. I would give dinner five stars. I got the duck and veal pasta and my wife got the argentinian steak (both were not on the Ala Carte menu-but they allowed us to get it anyways). Room service is only an additional five euro. Our meals only came to 43 euro with the room service fee- which is quite affordable. The breakfast buffet was very good (much better than the majority of euro buffets.) Overall nothing bad to say about the hotel. Very close to alot of shopping (able to walk five minutes to all sorts of clothes shopping and supermarkets.)

Room Tip: Get a room higher up so you can see the countryside from your window.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allen P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Perfect for me. Normally I prfer to stop in Postojna but this time I decided to stop for one night in Lubljana. What can I said, I was impress by the professionalism of the staff in a ultramodern envoirment.I decided to take dinner in " house" and iI received more then decent standard one at realy good price.
The position of the hotel was perfect for me, the rooms was perfect clean and in a modern athmosfher. The breackfast was realy great! I will recome with great plesure!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We only stayed one night at Plaza Hotel and that was our last night before our early morning departure. I wished we had stayed there when we arrived. The hotel is pretty modern and newish. It was very clean. We booked it last minute due to its location and ease of getting to the airport. When we arrived, we were upgraded to the Junior Suite and that was wonderful. We are a party of 3 so the extra room and bed were just what we needed. The bathroom was clean and the water pressure was wonderful (that is important to me). I really liked this hotel. It is located next to BTC, a shopping area (we didn't really had time to shop). And we also got free access to the Atlantis Water Park and that was really nice. My son really enjoyed the use of the waterpark and it was a good way to spend our last day, especially since it was raining. Hotel also provided free loaner of umbrellas to guests.

The hotel has an underground parking and cost 8 euros, pretty cheap. Our rate included free buffet breakfast but since we had to leave at 4 am, we informed our check in agent that we won't need breakfast. He kindly noted it and when we checked out, they gave us lunchboxes with 2 kinds of sandwiches, fruits and orange juice. That was so nice. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Caerleon, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Plaza is a lovely hotel. It's clean modern and in the perfect location. My only disappointment was our aircon didn't work for our whole stay and it was so hot we had to buy a fan. After 4 visits to reception to complain we just gave up. If you get room 1206 check the aircon !! That said the staff are very good in the restaurant and the bar. The breakfast is great but the buffet in the evening is very bland and repetitive. Would we go back ?? Yes. Slovenia is a bit of a hidden gem and the Paza is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We were on the 12 floor and it was very quiet. Great views as well.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Poland
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I just came back from Plaza Hotel in Ljubljana. I've been in many hotels in my life so i have objective opinion. In my opinion this is not 4 but 5 stars hotel. Rooms are big and comfortable, bed is very comfortable. Breakfast amazing. Absolutely i can recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank bialypl
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Plaza hotel has easy access to/from airport, about 5 minutes cab ride to beautiful ljubljana downtown and and just a block to a sprawling shopping center.
Beautifully appointed rooms have clean modern furniture, calming color scheme, crisp white linens, and very comfortable beds. Yes, the pillows are on the large side but we didn't have problems with them. Bathroom with a large sink and a rain shower was spotless.
There was plenty of delicious selections for breakfast from juices, coffees, local mineral waters, breads, cheeses and more.
We will be back next time we visit Ljubljana.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Very clean and very nice rooms with a lot of space and nice view, fantastic breakfast.

Also very good location if you want to do shoping or just have some fun.

I loved it and it is one of my favourites hotels I would definitely come back again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple