“Pudding!!”
Review of Lolita

Lolita
Ranked #1 of 26 Coffee & Tea in Ljubljana
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lolita seduces and satisfies all your senses ... If you will enter into Lolita˝s environment, you will succumb to its charms. You will be seated in a warm sofa, staring you through the large windows and follow the movie that city center will play for you.. It will smell of almonds, chocolate, fresh biscuits, vanilla, tea and coffee. You will not want to go, until you try this precious cakes that you will be offered. You can stay even longer, and plunge into the novel by Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita. However, you can compose your story, perhaps on the basis of past times, which took place in this old building, which they say Filipov's house and it was caused by a severe earthquake in Ljubljana in 1895. How interesting that there was previously a café, Mayrjeva cafe, which was located in the lower rooms of the manor. It was then the center of socializing and Lolita will resurrect these times ... Lolita is neither just a patisserie nor a cafe, but it is easy to Lolita.
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Brilliant for a coffee and delicious cake or treat. Flipping love a good bit of cake!
Great location and quirky interior. Good selection to suit all palettes

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I'm not a big dessert person but. We stopped based on other reviews and we picked out multiple things to try. My 9 yo pickiest eater ever loved the ghost cake he had, but I had my new favorite dessert ever! This piece of heaven was chocolate fudge frosting on top of chocolate cake on top of caramel on top of a chocolate raspberry mousse. Add in the fantastic staff and the creative decor... I wish we'd gone here the first night! I can absolutely see why this is one of the highest rated places.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

To be honest with its pretty pink décor and "pretty Chairs/tables" I'd walked past this place quite easily several times. Am glad we ended up stopping as the coffee is great and cakes are amazing (one of the best Gubanica's I've had). I've now realised what looked a bit "pink and fluffy" was actually a really distinctive styling and several nice touches in presentation and service made it a stand out coffee stop in a city of great coffee stops!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We passed Lolita around lunch time and since it had been a recommendation from a friend, we decided to stop by for coffee. In the end we stayed for almost two hours, enjoying first coffee, then sandwiches (tuna and ham and cheese toast - both were quite nice but nothing special I have to say. I think people come for the cakes! :) ) and just looking around and admiring the lovely interior of the cafe. Beautifully done with giant cherry lamps and lots of small bits and pieces that are really cool. The cakes and deserts in glasses looked amazing but we didn't have any of them. Service was very friendly.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Great place in a great location. One of the nicest city centres in Europe, and particularly that it is small and scenic. Stopped here to sit and pass the time and weren't disappointed. Justified the positive reviews.