“Deep shadow in summer, good food all the year”
Review of Gostilna Cad

Gostilna Cad
Ranked #60 of 631 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Cuisines: Barbecue, Slovenian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have submitted already some comments on all around Europe. Why not add a comment about my favourite place in Ljubljana - Gostilna Čad. I am visiting that place for more than 40 years. I was there yesterday, going again tommorow. For sure not a peak in gastronomy. But - you may expect always a good grill, nice service, good atmosphere and a beautifull deep shadow in summer. Outdoor seating is possible only the warm period of the Year.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

it lost touch. you fill too much recesion in their meals. The meat is tough diffucult to masticate it.
Grilled paprica is from a jar a year old but it takes just a but to make it.
Soups were made from concentrate and would be the same as bought in a mall.
Sorry need much improvement.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

It's average, yugo music, old reastaurat style. The čevapčiči are nothing special, a bit too salty for my taste.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The restaurant is famous for meat dishes. I used to eat cevapcici, raznjici and sopska salad here long ago. Pork dishes are great if you like meat. I had crepe with walnuts for dessert what was also great but then I was so full that I couldn't move.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have been to this restaurant twice now. Last time was one year ago and was looking forward to visit again. My colleagues described this restaurant as very authentic Serbian grill, and since they live in the Balkan region I take their word for it.

We started with having this aperitif drink made from plumps and really high in alcohol, it was really strong. We decided to order a sample platter of the most popular dishes...Pljeskavica, čevapčiči, sausages, smoked pork, baked beans, roasted red peppers soaked in a delicious dressing, baked peppers filled with cheese, salad and the nicest home baked bread I had. Everything was delicious and I highly the sample meat platter.

I agreed that is perfect for big groups and the setting of the restaurant will be better enjoyed in a warm day.

If you are not familiar with Balkan food, give this restaurant a try...you won't be dissapointed.