I had a 5-night stay at Hotel Cubo in late March.
My reservation was done by email and the communication was professional and the replies speedy. I had a very good first impression.
They sent a driver to pick me up at the airport. He was ready for me and helpful with the luggage.
On my arrival, the greeting at reception was friendly and the process simple. When I asked for change for 5euros, he told me that Slovenes do not expect a tip but I can give one if the service is impeccable.
They had an envelope prepared with practical information and an introduction to the city and the hotel. In addition, they had prepared what looks like a school essay with descriptions and pictures of sites to visit. Unfortunately, this was given to me only on day 3.
The breakfast buffet includes everything and eggs and pancake are prepared on the spot so are warm and fresh. The restaurant staff was friendly at all times. I didn’t have a big meal for supper but it was fresh and tasty every evening. I didn’t even order from the menu, I just told them what I would like and I got it. All employees, without exception, are friendly, from reception to restaurant to cleaning staff.
The hotel and room are clean and modern, my single room on the 2nd floor (210) was spacious and pleasant but had no soundproofing. Every morning I heard the banging of doors and every night any sound from outside woke me up. The single room faces the parking of a couple of other buildings. When reception asked about my room satisfaction I told them about the noise and I was quickly offered a double room on the 3rd floor (301) and what a difference it made! Bathrooms in both rooms were of a good size, shower had good water pressure and there was plenty of counter space. They also provide bathrobe and slippers.
They gave me their business card so I could call them when ready to leave a museum that was a bit far away. Less than 5 minutes later, the taxi arrived.
Having made a few purchases with still 2 weeks of travel ahead of me and the post office closed for Easter, reception offered to send my parcel home on the next business day.
I was able to pay my bill the night before leaving. I’ve never been able to do that.
A couple of little things bothered me that are not unique to Cubo:
- the lobby/bar is by the door and too cold; however, the restaurant upstairs is always available for a drink even if it hasn’t yet opened
- there is no TV screen with the daily weather forecast in the lobby
- there is no clock in the room
- the lights in the room are very dim
- the pillows are too soft and uncomfortable
Stay on the 3rd floor
Have at least one meal at the restaurant
The customer care at Hotel Cubo is the best I’ve encountered in my travels in Europe. I would not hesitate to stay there again and recommend it. I give it my first 5* rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Cubo is located in the centre of Slovenian capital Ljubljana, right opposite to the traffic free historical centre, within walking distance from the most important sightseeing sites and the shopping streets with lots of restaurants. It offers 26 modern rooms (2 Junior suites, 14 double rooms with one king bed, 7 twin rooms, 3 single rooms). All rooms are luminous and decorated with particularly good taste in a warm contemporary style using only the highest quality materials and amnesties, such as prestigious bed linen by Rivola Carmignani and The White Company bathroom amenities. All rooms have double glazing, carpet, telephone (10 minutes free calls within EU) TV, air conditioning, heating, free safe, WiFi , minibar. Bathrooms have showers or bath tubs, hairdryers, bathrobes and slippers. In addition, it also offer conference facilities - 3 meeting rooms. After thorough renovation the refurbished building opened its doors again in 2011 as a design hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Cubo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.