I stayed for 4 nights in July. Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay here again. My rating is based on the following:
1) VERY friendly and super helpful staff
2) Comfortable room: Great A/C and shower! VERY comfortable bed
3) Great location - walking distance to the sites - good food nearby
4) Great TV options - I know I didn't come here for TV but it rained one day and it was nice to have more options than CNN.
When I walked into the room I was impressed. This is a boutique style hotel. Very modern design - chic maybe. The room was large and the bed was extremely comfortable. I had a street side, castle view room. As a result, I did hear some street noise, but it didn't affect me at night - if you are sensitive, ask for a rear facing room.
What really impressed me was the service. The staff were extremely helpful in every way. They helped me with a last minute car rental. They parked the car and gassed the tank for me. I left at 5:30am and they made a box lunch for me since I was too early for breakfast. Oh, the minibar was free!
Breakfast was fine. Made to order eggs/omelette. The also had "pancakes" which I would desribe as crepes. Usual bread, cerals, fruit and cold cuts. Drinkable yoghurt and juices. Included in rate.
Tip: The A/C is controlled at the front desk, not your room. Call down if you need it adjusted. It worked great.
Tip: The DaBuDa (asian) and Foculus (pizza) were both great and a block away
Tip: It's a bit far to walk from the train station. Doable if you have one roller or a backpack
Booking: I booked this room at BOOKING.COM and got a good rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Cubo is located in the centre of Slovenian capital Ljubljana, right opposite to the traffic free historical centre, within walking distance from the most important sightseeing sites and the shopping streets with lots of bars, night clubs and restaurants. It offers 26 modern rooms (2 Junior suites, 14 double rooms with one king bed, 7 twin rooms, 3 single rooms. All rooms are luminous and decorated with particularly good taste in a warm contemporary style using only the highest quality materials and amnesties, such as prestigious bed linen by Rivola Carmignani and The White Company bathroom amenities. All rooms have double glazing, carpet, telephone (10 minutes free calls within EU) TV, air conditioning, heating, free safe, WiFi , minibar. Bathrooms have showers or bath tubs, hairdryers, bathrobes and slippers. In addition, it also offer conference facilities - 3 meeting rooms with minimalistic design, strategically placed lighting and latest audio-visual equipment. Impressive residence of a hotel was build around 1830 for the family of attorney and rebuilt in 1930's in the for that period popular middle European cubist Art Deco style. During its history it was home to a ballet school, a publishing company, an education centre for first aid, driving school and most recently a famous milk cafe 'Miška'. After thorough renovation the refurbished building opened its doors again in 2011 as a design hotel, using only best quality materials and with a wink to the cubism of elder times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Hotel Cubo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.