“Excellent”

Ljubljana Free Tour
Ranked #1 of 92 Tours in Ljubljana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ljubljana's most popular tour. Recommended by all hostels and hotels. A 2+ hours walk through the city's famous landmarks, old and new, with a wealth of inside information and tips. All tours delivered by licensed, knowledgeable and entertaining English speaking guides. SCHEDULE: HIGH SEASON: 15 June - 14 Oct - Daily at 11 AM and 3 PM LOW SEASON: 15 Oct - 14 June - Daily at 11 AM
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This experience has convinced me to look into getting a tour of every city I visit from now onwards. Our guide, Janez was very knowledgeable (as you might expect of someone with a PhD in Art History) and more importantly was an excellent communicator. Our group had one guy who clearly had some sort of social disorder and kept interrupting but Janez handled it exceptionally well with remarkable patience and good humour as well. I spent several days in the city and this tour was definitely the best part during my stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,253)
All reviews
"two hours"
in 107 reviews
"great introduction to the city"
in 32 reviews
in 20 reviews
"overview"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our guide Eva was very friendly and knowledgeable. She told us about parts of the city that we would not have noticed without her (like why some statues face each other). The tour was free and they weren't pushy about donations, but definitely deserved some money as the 2 and a half hour tour was well worth it.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Ljubljana free tour was the first time I'd been on a free tour and it was absolutely brilliant. I'd never come across the concept before but it was so good that I then went on to do these tours all over Europe on my Interrail trip this year.

This was particularly good for me because of my low travelling budget and at the end I was able to give a tip which both reflected my enjoyment for the tour and what I could afford based on my budget.

The tour guide spoke very good English and had huge amounts of information about Ljubljana and its history

A must for anyone going to Ljubljana!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Short and sweet review: Great tour was slightly too long but that may of just been due to the heat. The man taking the tour was extremely knowledgeable and answered every question.
Well worth doing if you have a spare few hours.