“Great dinner”

Marley & Me
Ranked #49 of 643 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Slovenian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Excellent choice for lunch or dinner in one of the nicest streets of old town. We are small and simple yet excellent..Just for you. Find out yourself! :). We received from Ljubljana municipality a certificate of quality. We are rated among top 15 in Ljubljana!
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We've been there for dinner about a week ago. Really nice food with great service and nice atmosphere. Restaurant is located in old town, so the setting is lovely.
Octopus salad was perfect, also gnocchi with truffles, but steak could be better.
Overall-great experience!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Marley & Me was recommended by a friend and lived up to the reviews. The atmosphere is great, as its located in the Old Town and I had a table outside. I had roast beef with smoked Gouda and heirloom tomatoes and baked potatoes. It was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. The service was probably the best I've experienced at any restaurant in my 9 days in slovenia. In general I have found service to be slow (though that's probably partly attributed to a slower pace of life than we Americans are accustomed to). I also haven't found many to be overly friendly or helpful, but my server here was attentive, personable and recommended a Slovenian wine and was able to tell me all about the origin of the wine. She was a pleasant surprise!

2  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Extremely impressed with this restaurant! It's on a lovely street and we sat outside and enjoyed the atmosphere while we ate.

The food was fabulous. Tuna steak was perfect and the lamb was so tasty. All the ingredients were fresh and simple.
We also had gibanica to finish and it was lovely! Delighted we got to try it too!

The staff were excellent. They were friendly and chatty while not being intrusive.
If in ljubijana definately go here!

1  Thank Katie750
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We thought "Marley & Me" was named after that lovely book and the (silly) follow-up movie version of the story of Marley the dog. In actual fact, "Marley" is one of the partners of this very good restaurant.

Either way, its a nice name, and is a very good place to share a meal and a drink.

Located in the heart of the old town, Marley & Me has an extensive menu, including the usual pastas etc., but also superb fish, like the fillet of salmon that my wife ordered.

On a nice evening sitting outside is a delight with many people strolling by, making 'people watching' so enjoyable as this restaurant is beautifully located in the centre of the old town.

When you are in Ljubljana don't miss Marley & Me. And remember Marley is not the dog. He is a man, and operates a really good restaurant.

Recommended.

1  Thank pisang
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stopped by this restaurant after reading TripAdvisor reviewswhilst we were on a day trip to ljubjana. All the reviews here are not wrong! The steak I had was perfectly done and the choice of food was excellent, whether you like red meat, chicken, fish, pasta or are vegetarian.

One thing you must try when visiting this place is their gibanica - arguably better than that found in Murska Sobota where the dish is the regional specialty!

The owner was a very friendly guy, happy to talk to us about our stay and even recommended some things for us to do in Croatia where we were heading onto. I even recommended that when he is in England he must hunt down bread and butter pudding as this is a bit similar to gibanica. Good luck finding some!!

1  Thank Rachael C