All reviews music school old palace two bedroom suite old town the river sitting room the staff was friendly and helpful two blocks beautiful city top floor charming hotel the location is perfect stayed one night jacuzzi furniture students anton
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2019

Came here for one night on business. Reception was friendly and she came to let me through the bollards once I called her. Hotel is really interesting, in the middle of places people are being taken on walking tours and right at the heart of the old town. Building that I saw was clean and freshly painted and the room, although not the usual shape, was spacious and pleasantly decorated, I liked it. It also had a tv with some US and UK channels in English as well as some French and German which is good when you are away from home.

Bad bits though. Curtains were difficult to draw, particularly a problem given there was a walkway outside my window. There was no iron and ironing board in the room that I could find, always an issue for business travellers. Shower was elaborate, probably seemed a good idea at the time, but one fitting was broken and a shower head in the ceiling was covered in mould, there is no way I would stand under it. Also a soap dispenser was empty. Breakfast was usual continental cheese, meats and bread with a cursory bowl of cornflakes available. There weren’t too many guests but the single server was overworked and things were running out. This was charged at €14 but was worth €10 at best.

Overall I liked the place, it was far better to stay in that the usual chain hotel but the little things need sorting, inspect the bathrooms every now and then to keep cleaners on their toes. All that said I’m likely to return to Ljubljana as part of a business collaboration and will probably stay here again if the price is sensible.

Room tip: I think you take your chances
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Mikesalter
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

A nasty beat down hotel. They have no spa, fitness center, or really anything. The sheets are old and torn, only one or two staff. This is a two star hotel/apartments. No umbrellas by the front door. Busted things everywhere in the hotel. Just don’t stay here. Also we switched rooms multiple times so the issues was not just one room it’s all of them. No A/C existing in this hotel is a fan

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AntiqPalace, Director of Sales at Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2019

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry you did not reach your expectations.

We'll take your comments into our consideration.

Kind Regards,
Brina

Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

We have spent here two nights in this wounderful old building with charm! It belongs to the SLH we have also stayed in other cities. We have had a Maisonette room, huge and very new renovated! The toilet was very small compared to the big room! The shower hose was to short so you could only have a shower on your knees! We asked for ice cubes to get in the room, but it never arrived !
The room was not as clean as we expected. The location is perfect very close to the center.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2019

I have to say that compared to the manicured 5 star hotels I`ve stayed in the charm of the history, service and the decor overwhelmed me. Forget about sterility and luxuriate in the magnetic charm of this warm and friendly place.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Perfect location in the centre of the old city of Ljubljana. The suites are fabulous and the staff are charming and extremely engaging and friendly
I have a slightly surreal feeling that I am the only person staying here and all the services in the hotel directory do not really exist, but the suite is so fabulous and staff so lovely that it really doesn't matter

Date of stay: February 2019