“Best hotel I have ever stayed in”
Review of Lesar Hotel Angel

Lesar Hotel Angel
Ranked #1 of 58 Ljubljana B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I cannot describe how delighted I was to have accidentally stumbled into this boutique hotel. The staff were fantastic, very friendly and accommodating. Each room is different and beautiful, extremely clean and comfortable. The pictures available on the site are not deceitful. It is located in the heart of Ljubljana, location could not be more perfect. I will be staying here on my next trip to Ljubljana

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lesar Hotel Angel

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I cannot but join previous reviewers in their praise for this little boutique hotel in the heart of Ljubliana; it is one of the most romantic places I have seen and definitely in my top 3 of "would love to go back"; tasteful and cozy, sweet and charming, peaceful and quiet and so chic it can make you fall in love with it; the staff is most accommodating, the breakfast generous and the fireplace, just another touch of romance; my boyfriend and I enjoyed a room at the top floor, with a lovely view over the red roofs of the buildings around and a spot of the castle; the bathroom has a cute window just above the bath which overlooks the same red roofs and the castle; it gives a cute, refreshing twist to the idea of taking a shower and enjoying an amazing view at the same time; do not bring your kids with you, for the other guests' sake but also for yours; this is designed and created just for you and for your whoever makes you happy to live the fairytale you may have always dreamed of; and Ljubliana as a setting for that is definitely a great choice. warmly recommended

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alexandriciul
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Large and comfortable room...only things to be picky about were: no (or little) hot water in the shower at peak time, two single duvets on the large king size bed (not sure why?), Heineken only in the mini-bar (I didn't come to Slovenia to drink Dutch beer?) and temperature controls in the room which don't allow you to cool the room down below 18C (so it was quite hot at night).

On the whole though, the location is excellent (in the Old town near the foot of the Castle) and the place is sophisticated. The breakfast is also very good.

This is a very pleasant place to stay and from what I've read it is most likely the best option in Ljubljana (when taking location into account as well as all other factors)

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 8, was spacious and comfortable (though involves climbing stairs)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarcDenny
Reviewed November 19, 2012

It has been a long time since I stayed in a hotel with such personal and effortless charm. In fact the first impression of the slightly tucked away (and impossibly tiny) reception desk was the only aspect that was less than delightful. Upon arrival, the manager on duty took the time to show me the dining room's free 24 hour coffee spread, fireplace and the cozy bar, before taking me to an extremely well decorated and well-lit junior suite on the top floor.

The location is completely ideal - a fairly non description door on a square that could serve as a movie set, without the tourists. More than ever before, strolling the surrounding medieval streets gave me a sense of total vindication that I avoided the business hotel across town and did a little research on tripadvisor. I was left with one last indication of service on the final morning - the phone rang as I was slow to get up (after breakfast time had past) just double checking that I didn't want the kitchen to cook me up my daily requested portion of eggs.

I would sincerely return here on any and all visits to Ljubljana.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Chris Z
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Lesar Hotel Angel is a lovely boutique hotel located in the historic district of Ljubljana, pretty close to the castle and to the commercial district. As parking is forbidden in the area the hotel provides authorizations to leave cars nearby. However, at 15 € per day it doesn't come cheap. Staff helped us taking our luggage to the hotel and to our room which was quite helpful. The hotel is located on Gornji Trg, one of Ljubljana's most beautiful squares. The hotel has been carefully renovated keeping many original features of the building intact such as stairs and external windows. A lot of attention has been given to internal decoration with nice combinations of colors (mostly soft ones) and the presence of decorative objects in many parts of the hotel. Our room (number 9) and the bathroom were quite spacious and very quiet overlooking a small courtyard. Free wireless internet in the whole facility is a plus. In the breakfast room tea, coffee and pastries are available the whole day, a very nice attention. Good breakfast with a large selection of breads, juices and cereals. There is no doubt that Lesar Hotel Angel is a very good option for staying in Ljubljana and I highly recommend it.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We spent two nights at the Angel Hotel in late October and were very pleased with our stay. When we booked the only room available was a Classic room which seems to be the smallest room type (room #6). But we found it quite adequate and certainly not cramped. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was large and the shower great. Room 6 was only up a flight and a half of stairs so if that is a concern this might be a good choice. And the stairs are steep! The first morning we were there there were only a few other people so breakfast was prepared individually (scrambled eggs and sausages). There was also fresh fruit, cereal, and various pastries. The second morning the hotel was full and the eggs were in a large chafing dish but all the other choices were available.

We found the staff to be fine but not quite as helpful as others have found them. For instance, on check-in we were not given a map nor were we given any suggestions for restaurants. And when we arrived our reception was actually rather cool. We arrived at 1:30 and had booked a parking space with the room. We were told check-in was 2 PM so we were early. We were told we would have to go to a parking lot and pay and return later. Really??? We're a half hour early and we're sent away?? But we went, found a nice place for lunch and returned after 2 PM. The receptionist was much better in attitude then and did come help us bring our luggage in (by now it was raining) and showed us the parking space. But her initial reception was not good.

Parking is a huge problem in the city and one would think the hotels would work with the city to provide some solutions. Angel Hotel has two spaces that cost 15 E a night. We had one the first night but it was not availlble the second night. But on Saturday and Sunday night you can park for free in a neighborhood quite close to the hotel---the same street where the hotel's spaces are located. So if you're there on a weekend that is a great alternative---but check with the hotel to make sure it is still true when you visit.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, thought the location was great and would recommend the Angel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmob100
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights, and it was the perfect location for visiting the town. Quiet hotel, excellent, high-quality breakfast spread, along with afternoon coffee/tea and snacks. So many amazing restaurants just outside the door for dinners, and the major sites are well within walking distance. Large rooms, very clean, big flat screen tv and a strong wifi connection. Comfortable beds with very warm comforter.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple