“Love it!”
Review of Dinner In The Dark

Dinner In The Dark
Ranked #240 of 721 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Description: A multisensory culinary experience in a pitch-black restaurant. Experience dining in a new light – by turning the lights off. One-of-a-kind dinner experience in a secret basement of a famous hotel. Finest Slovenian cuisine prepared by a top chef. Join us for a dinner where your taste, smell and touch will be elevated by taking away your sight in complete darkness.
Reviewed April 2, 2019

I was playing a tourist in my home city, when I noticed a bit unusual experience on the list of the rainy day activities in Hotel Union. I was a bit sceptical on the start, because the price is a bit high, but I ended up in complete dark room with one of the most unique experiences I ever had. Food was good, but the flow of the dinner is something else. I would recommend it and I would even say that everybody needs to try it

Date of visit: April 2019
KaajaW, Guest Relations Manager at Dinner In The Dark, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Wow, so glad for your experience :)
Thank you for your review!

Reviewed April 2, 2019

We got recommend by friend to try this amazing experience and I weren't​ disappointed at all. I think this an experience everyone should do at least once in life, because its meaningful, it's tasty, it's unique! Compliments to the team!

Date of visit: March 2019

Thank you so much for your reply! We are glad you had an amazing experience! :)

Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

Loved it! You will definitely appreciate sight and food more with this experience. Fun and one of a kind experience with a deep message on the end!

Date of visit: March 2019
KaajaW, Guest Relations Manager at Dinner In The Dark, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Dear dr0p!

Thank you for your review!

We are happy you had a blast. :)

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 4, 2019

Once again, a big thanks to crew of 'Dinner in the dark'. The experience was unforgettable. The food was delicious although I have NO clue to what was on my plate. The people around us were great, although I have NO idea who (if anyone) was around, and the restaurant looked... I have NO idea what it looked like. ;)
To sume up; A lot of laughs and great dinner experience. I loved it and recomend it to everyone.

Date of visit: December 2018
KaajaW, Guest Relations Manager at Dinner In The Dark, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2019

Dear Miha!

Thank you for your review.
We are super thrilled to hear that you had such an amazing experience and that you have lots of laughs.

Thank you again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 2, 2019

This is more about the experience than about the food. It's great how your other senses, apart from the sight, strengthen in complete dark. It's a very unique experience. The food was nothing special, the soup was somehow burned and the dessert had a taste of being in the fridge for a couple of days before serving. At the end, when we learned what we were eating, we had some additional questions, and the waiter couldn't answer them, because, as he said, he never got the opportunity to try the food he's serving. It's unfortunate that people who serve the food, don't know this experience. Other than that, I would recommend this dinner, it's something you cannot try every day and it will stay in my memory as a good experience.

Date of visit: February 2019
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
KaajaW, Guest Relations Manager at Dinner In The Dark, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Dear Kava40,

thanks for sharing your feedback and thank you for your compliments on the experience itself. We're sorry your culinary experience didn't match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we promise that we'll fix it instantly.

All of our staff have a special briefing before they start to work on DinnerInTheDark experience and briefing also includes food tasting. However, due to the staff replacements that we had recently, it's true, that few of them are still waiting for the food tasting, which will happen this week.

Please feel free to reach us on info@dinnerinthedark.si with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things better and to get closer to the perfection, that we're aiming for.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your visit. We're happy that we'll stay in your memory as a good thing :)

Best regards,