All reviews rooftop bar top floor the club lounge room service menu floor to ceiling windows tallest building ihg member floor restaurant jacuzzi and sauna old town corner room fresh milk spa area is upgraded to a junior suite five star hotel instant coffee fitness center
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is about a 10-15 minute stroll to the triple bridge, so well sited.
Very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff - nothing too much bother.
Our room on the 13th floor was excellent with a large living space and a very large and well appointed bathroom.
Thus had a great view of the city, including partially the castlel, and the hills beyond. In the other direction the Alps could easily be seen.
Breakfast is on the 20th floor and has an excellent choice of fresh fruit, continental and freshly cooked food. The resuaurant and seperate bar on the same floor which also has an outside area. Great views of the City, Alps and Tivoli Park.

Room tip: If you want a good view try and book a room on a higher floor - well worth it
Date of stay: September 2019
LJUHAGuestRelations, Guest Relations Team at InterContinental Ljubljana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Keith r,

Greetings from InterContinental Ljubljana!

Thank you very much for the time taken to share this advantageous feedback with us. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the ambiance of our hotel, and most importantly that you have felt appreciated with the attentive service of our team. We are happy to learn that you have appreciated the central location of our hotel, the comfort of your room and the breakfast served in our rooftop B Restaurant.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to our hotel again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

concierge, fast checkin adn checkout procedures thanks to talented personnel, very good breakfast, the rooms were relatively spacious than the other rooms in Ljubljana.

Cleaniness, hospitality and customer satisfaction were perfect. If only I could come to Ljubljana habitually, eventually I was managed to stay in here.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
LJUHAGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Ljubljana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at InterContinental Ljubljana and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It brings us great joy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us this much, and especially that the attentive service of our staff was a key factor in your satisfaction. We are happy to learn that you have appreciated the central location of our hotel, the comfort of your room and all its amenities.

We hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to InterContinental Ljubljana soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is nice and new and luxurious, the staff was mostly very helpful, the location excellent and the amenities very good.

I did have a couple complaints, though. Firstly, we stayed in an executive suite but it was kind of small compared to the suites we're used to. We were there with others who weren't in suites and, when we compared the rooms, they were basically the same size. There was a little extra nook in the suite that was mostly useless because you had to walk through the bedroom to get to it. Not ideal if you want to have anyone over to your room. That said, the bathroom in the suite was very nice.

However, I really did not enjoy the automated toilets. I didn't find they worked well and why take away your guests' agency in this matter? It makes sense in public restrooms but not in private hotel rooms, IMO.

Finally, the biggest disappointment was breakfast. We had access to the club for breakfast but not everyone we were traveling with did, so we ate on the 20th floor and what chaos!? It is a madhouse there everyday. The staff seems largely incompetent and overwhelmed, and the few that did seem to know what they were doing were rushing everywhere to try to make up the difference. So, good luck getting their attention. My wife ordered an omelette one day and it literally took an hour because they forgot her order and it took that long to flag someone down to correct it. Now, you might say, "maybe this was just an isolated incident," but we saw it happen at almost every table nearby everyday. Very poorly managed.

So, if you stay here, and I actually recommend you do, you might want to eat somewhere else for breakfast because it is like this from opening to closing - no hyperbole there.

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the ambiance of our hotel and our facilities. However, I would like to use this opportunity to extend my apology to you and to express my remorse that you have experienced such a thing in our hotel. rest assured that your feedback will be shared with the responsible department to avoid similar situations in the future.

We hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to InterContinental Ljubljana.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights and loved it (club intercontinental room). Like most new intercontinental hotels the design was sleek and beautiful. It reminded me of a larger version of Robertson Quay, Singapore (which along with Ljubljana is my joint favourite intercon!) We moved rooms to find the perfect view and room layout as there are quite a few different floor plans. The reception staff were extremely kind and friendly while sorting out the room change for us. The room we decided upon was a corner club room (type without a free standing bath as this was not available, and I think only a handful of rooms have this). Especially impressive was the large shower and comfortable bed. I also really liked the wide choice of tv channels and the fresh milk menu. It was a shame that all 3 rooms I saw had damaged wooden flooring throughout the whole space which did spoil the beautiful otherwise well maintained room a bit. Also in the corner room the curtains, along the largest area of windows, were held together with velcro which kept coming apart. In addition I was surprised that the coffee machine was not a Nespresso because the coffee wasn’t that great.

The service in Club Intercontinental was outstanding. Merusa always greeted us in a really friendly way. She always asked about our day, offered to book a table for a evening meal and give suggestions (even do research!) about where to eat. Out of all the Club Intercontinental lounges I have used she is far the best member of staff I have met and really made our stay fantastic. The afternoon tea selection was tasty and well presented as was the small food selection on a night. The local wine and spirit selection was great. The lack of rugs and other soft furnishing did however make the area closest to the buffet very echoey and a bit less homely compared to the area around the corner with sofas. In addition somethings young children (who I don’t think should be allowed in club intercontinental were very loud) which did make it less relaxing.

I hope Merusa that still works at the hotel for when we come back!

Date of stay: August 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments are taken seriously for our improvement. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to reinforce the quality of our service and we really appreciate your constructive comments.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is by far and away the nicest hotel in Ljubljana, and it did not disappoint. We booked a deluxe room for 4 nights and were pleased. The bed was very comfortable, the room was very large, and the shower was blissful.

Staff: Top notch - what you’d expect from a 5 star hotel. Friendly, predictive, and all-around great.

Food: We ate breakfast every morning at “B” on the 19th floor and it was excellent every time. I suggest including the breakfast package. We had dinner in B on our arrival night and it was also very, very good. If we had not had other reservations we may have eaten dinner here again. We also had lunch in the lobby cafe and it was excellent. Nothing to complain about here.

Bar: The bar on the 19th floor is exactly what you want in a hotel bar. Probably some of the best views in the city, comfortable, creative cocktails, and great staff. Make sure you have a drink up here or at least check it out around sunset.

Room: Very comfortable bed, and excellent bathroom. The deluxe room was VERY large and modern. Tons of windows and light, though it was easy to darken for sleeping. They are building another high-rise hotel across the street and the noise never bothered us. Here’s where I must address problem 1: You cannot regulate the lighting. It’s either ALL ON or ALL OFF (with the exception of low lighting in the bathroom). Not a huge deal, but when you wake up just now hitting the light switch is going to be a very bright experience. I prefer the option to turn select lights on or off or even better, set levels for them but sadly, you cannot do that in these rooms (- 1/2 star).

Housekeeping: Sporadic at best. This is the area where I think they need to focus on the most as everything else was so well run, but sadly this fell flat a couple days. For example, one day we returned and the bed was made, glassware was removed, but that was it (water not replenished, basin not cleaned, etc). Another day we returned and the bed was not even made (and we were out all day so it couldn’t be a timing thing). Not sure why they had problems with this, but it should be addressed for a five-star hotel (- 1/2 point).

Overall: This is very comfortable and well-appointed international-style hotel. You should know that it’s about an easy 10 minute walk from the core of the old town so not exactly in the “thick of it all” but still reasonable. I would stay here again if in town, and hope they can correct their housekeeping issues.

Room tip: Include breakfast - it’s very good.

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the ambiance of our hotel and our facilities, but most importantly that you have felt appreciated with the attentive service of our team. However, we were extremely displeased to come to know that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness during your stay. I would like to use this opportunity to extend my apology to you and to express my remorse that you have experienced such a thing in our hotel. This is definitely something that does not represent real values of IHG hotels and rest assured that responsible department will be retrained to avoid similar situations in the future.