All reviews rooftop bar top floor the club lounge room service menu floor to ceiling windows ihg member hot tub old town spa area is fresh milk upgraded to a junior suite corner room five star hotel instant coffee fitness center beautiful hotel great shower
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

Had to wait 3 hours for the room and for breakfast sevice was very poor not to mention room service that never arrived

IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Ljubljana, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Hi Jeanette B,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for writing a review about your experience. It is regrettable that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience due to the slow check-in and unsatisfactory level of room service. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I am sorry that our hotel fell below your expectations.

We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information. I look forward to receiving your response soon.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed January 7, 2018

WHAT A PLACE... I have stayed in "5" star hotels that where absolutely garbage!! this place is the nicest place I have ever been to, and I am very well traveled.
First up its is awesomely cheap, I first got a room with two beds and thought no I should upgrade to a suit, this place was gorgeous... and I paid very little than even most crap hotels.
OK where to begin .. it has to be the staff... THE nicest friendliest people I have interacted with in years, for a hotel. very attentive and do everything to make you feel like a king/queen. There are lovely staff everywhere bar/pool/workout room etc they are everywhere and all eager to please.
First the lady at the front counter Nina was fantastic! she showed us around this 5 star resort! 2 bars resturant/lounge/bars/pool area/spa.. rooftop terrace everywhere its amezing NOTHING like it super clean and beatiful decor.
It was soo nice we spent the entire night in the hotel after dinner.. went swimming in the pool overlooking the city.. what a view... then the hot tub.. then we had a n amezing meal by a michalin star chief... with free food added in... room service.. breakfast... lounge... all amezing.
even the staff that brought our luggage and food, added things about the city... slovenia and area.. all very happy to show us around...
I have alot mor eto say BUT for the price THIS IS THE BEST place in the city. central located and very affordable...
downsides.. the ammedites are NOT cheap michilen star dinner .. room service and breakfast all very nice but at 5 star hotel prices.. if you plan to stay and want to keep it very affordable dont hang out in hotel unless you are using the gym/pool or hot tub all free... all the rest can add up.
One last great thing they allow pets... WHAT a 5 star that takes dogs... I am a convert.
Please look this up... great spot and made my trip

Room tip: GREAT VIEWS-great service and affordable!!
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidJarvis5
Aleksandra S, Guest Relations Supervisor at InterContinental Ljubljana, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

Dear Mr. David J,

we really appreciate your positive comments regarding InterContinental Ljubljana and we are extremely glad to learn that you have a wonderful time here. Impeccable service is something we all take great pride in and nothing pleases us more than to have the guest, like yourself, telling us his visit was a memorable one. I would also thank you for emphasizing particular names of our team members and your feedback will be relayed to them and rest assured that the team will be recognized for their job well done.

We sincerely hope to welcoming you again in the near future!

Kind regards,

Aleksandra S.
Guest Relations Supervisor

Reviewed January 6, 2018

I left my car in the near garage and walked twice around the hotel to find the entrance. It has a heavy door and no concierge helping to get into the hotel. The entrance area is very small and therefore very busy. I was lucky to get my room very early and I have asked to make sure that the second room is besides mine. This was promised at the reception, but later when my friend arrived the room was on the same floor but on the opposite side of the building. Too bad I have not taken the 2nd key with me, when I checked in.
The rooms are very nice, very well equipped. Still the Coffee plate was dusty, In hidden corners of the bathroom you could find dirt. The huge windows need to get cleaned on the inside.
The spa had no towels anymore! After 5 children jumped into the pool, no swimming was possible anymore. There was waiting time to get into the various sauna´s. The spa is generally way to small for such a big hotel.
The best think is the view from the roof top bar. The waiter told us that there might be an entrance fee of 50 EUR as they will serve champagne for free. We wanted to stay in the bar, still we were not interested in the champagne and could not risk to get kicked out, so we decided to stay in the city center. The personnel later told us that they have not done it as an entrance fee, but as an option; too bad.
Overall I think the hotel has potential, still as the spa area is so small, I do not see an advantage to other four star hotels in Ljubljana like Lev, Slon, Union, etc...

Room tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors with a view to the castle.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Anja K, Executive Office at InterContinental Ljubljana, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental and thank you for your constructive feedback. After reading your review I noticed some less satisfactory things which you experienced during your stay. I sincerely apologies to you and I honestly feel sorry that you have gained such an impression about our property. As our aim is to constantly provide impeccable treatment to all our guests staying with us, please be assured that this is not indicative of our usual standards. As a hotel of the highest category, we constantly strive to provide luxurious and excellent service to all our guest and even if sometimes we fail to do so for any reason, please feel free to ask to be met by the manager of the certain department or simply manager on duty. Your opinion is extremely important to us and therefore I encourage you to speak up directly with us if similar issue occur, to avoid any inconvenience. The fact that you left our hotel unsatisfied is the biggest failure for us and therefore I am warmly inviting you to give us another chance so that we could make it up to you. Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and It will be our pleasure to have you here again and to have the opportunity to change your negative experience to a positive one.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent 4 night stay at the InterContinental hotel. The hotel is a 5-10 minute walk away from the centre of the city so it was an ideal location for exploring the capital. There are benefits to the hotel only being a few months old in that everything is modern, new and extremely clean. The rooms were quiet, spacious and extremely comfortable. We were lucky in that the hotel was quiet when we visited which meant the pool/spa area was never busy (I would imagine it could get very overcrowded at busier times in peak seasons). We upgraded on arrival to the executive lounge for 70 EUR per day (for two people). We enjoyed making use of the lounge morning and night, however the food offered was not as good as some other hotel lounges I have used. We ate at the hotel restaurant one evening (run by Michelin star chef Alfredo Russo) which was lovely and could not be faulted, however it's a shame the bar can't offer a bar menu in an evening as at times we didn't want a full, fine dining meal but also didn't want to be stuck in our room waiting on room service. That being said, I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Ljubljana.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the 15th-17th floor, preferably with executive club access
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental and thank you for rating your stay with us. I enjoyed reading your review and I was very happy to come to know that you spent some nice and quality time at our hotel and that you enjoyed almost all points of your stay! I would also like to thank you for sharing your less positive experience when it comes to food options in the Club lounge and in our B restaurant. Please feel free to share your opinion directly to us on your next visit so that we can better understand what we could have done to leave a better impression. I honestly hope that we will have a great chance to welcome you again in our hotel in the nearest future!

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

This is a tricky review as we enjoyed our stay but left a little disappointed. The staff were all very friendly and the hotel itself is new and attractive and in a good location. Also, the spar/pool are lovely as was the restaurant. The hotel was let down though by the poor housekeeping and very slow room service. If the hotel wants to be a five star hotel it needs to focus on these areas.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank VeitchB
Anja K, Executive Office at InterContinental Ljubljana, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Ljubljana and thank you for your constructive feedback. I was delighted to read that you liked the comfort of our rooms and SPA as well as the professional service provided by our staff. However I was extremely displeased to come to know that you left our hotel disappointed. Rest assured that feedbacks such as yours help us to have a constant and real insight in all hotel areas. I would like to extend my deepest apology for your low experience with our housekeeping and room service department, but also I would like to thank you for pointing that out to us. As a luxury five star hotel we do not compromise with such failures and we will definitely take this matter in serious consideration in order to refocus on essential details. I honestly hope that this will not prevent you from staying with us again in the future and therefore I am warmly inviting you to choose InterContinental again once you are back to Ljubljana. Me and entire team will make sure that you get the real five star experience at all points!