“Our favourite in Ljubljana”
Review of Spajza

Spajza
Ranked #21 of 592 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Cuisines: Central European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Helsinki, Finland
“Our favourite in Ljubljana”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Having dinner in Spajza crowned our six days visit to Ljubljana. The milieu there looks authentic, not too brilliant but is really homey. According to that the service we got was exactly as it has to be. We liked it. The dinner began with greetings from kitchen, a kind of grated smoked lamb (if not horse, I am not quite sure). It was tasteful, indeed. As our main we both had rabbit fillet which simply was unforgettable. We were very pleased with our choice :) We were happy when we found on the wine list a local Barbera which was our choice. That wine was excellent, being yet very moderately priced. As a whole, in my opinion, the price level here was moderate thinking of the quality of all.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank JukkaTM

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Worth every cent”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the desk clerk of our hotel, in spite of the fact that there was a restaurant located at the hotel, which he did not mention, so we decided to give it a try. It was certainly worth it, even though it was one of the more expensive in the city. I had the best lamb chops I have ever had, tender and not overcooked at all.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 1946Lynn1711
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Maybe best meal ever?”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and i were doing a whirl wind tour of central Europe this past summer and i have been meaning to write a review for months! It was brutally warm last summer in Aug. but this little restaurant made sitting outside a pleasure. The staff was super nice and the ambiance in the outdoor courtyard is old world charm. I cant remember exactly what I had as a main but I do remember it was covered in a brilliant truffle sauce. I still think about that truffle sauce. You could put it over a shoe and it would be delicious! There are very FEW restaurants/meals that I have truly loved but the food at Spajze is worth a trip to Ljubijana.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank paljoey1075BD
“Best restaurant in ljubljana!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

This delightful restaurant is situated in the charming back street of the centre. We are regular visitors to ljubljana and the meal we have just had in spajza was so good I feel the need to write a review'! This place has an incredible ambiance and the staff were friendly and professional and the whole show was ran by the gorgeous 'Petra". And now we come to the food.... Oh my the food.... Carpaccio to die for with combinations of flavours that will make your mouth sing a harmony of happiness.... And then please try the steaks with truffles.... The best steak I have ever had, washed down with a wonderful Cabernet!! Go now to sample Slovenian food at the top level. We will be back soon .

Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Pervect selection.”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Haven't been in this restaurant for years, but decided to take my American colleague for a good Slovenian meal after reading some recent positive reviews.

Ambient is very nice. Feels very positive with old chairs, tables and bunch of other old elements.

We have followed recommendations and ordered couple of apertisers. Make sure you try goose and do not forget on spinach gnocchi in shrimp souce as a start.

Main corse - we took rabbit filet, young stalion and young beef. Marvelous..

Take red wine - mixture of Cabernet, Merlot and Modra frankinja. Great!

I think I found my new best Slovenian food restaurant in downtown Ljubljana.

Visited March 2014