“Gastronomic experience !! :))”
Review of Spajza

Spajza
Ranked #21 of 620 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Cuisines: Central European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the duck roast with figs !!! This was just heavenly!! Absolutely gorgeous food and ambience. Very friendly service. I will go back soon !!! Loved it !!!

1  Thank Winnie D

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We booked this restaurant prior to our arrival in Ljubljana; as our special dinner. We both got the 5 course degustation menu, one of each the meat and seafood and shared all of the dishes. The food was perfectly cooked and many dishes had a modern twist. The wine list was quite extensive, so asked the waiter to recommend a bottle. His choice was perfect. Think I preferred the seafood menu a bit more then the meat, the Black and yellow risotto was the high-light for me. Service was polite, the restaurant was extremely quite so atmosphere was lacking,

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I ordered to start a shrimp risoto that was very good, but for main course I ordered octopus with truffle mashed potatoes, the octopus was not cook in the right point and was not good.
The service is very slow but ok.
I recommend to try.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My partner and I dined at Spajza in March 2012. We just walked in spontaneously as we thought it would be worth trying...and it was a great experience!
The waiters were very careful and friendly with us. The dishes were deliciously and the restaurant has a very cosy atmosphere. The risotto was excellent and the chocolate memorable!
The prices are still reasonable for the quality of the food that is served.

Definitely a experience not to be missed in the capital city!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were recommended Spajza by our hotel on our first night in Lubljana as it is a traditional Slovenian restaurant. It had a great ambience and is quite old fashioned and homely - the seats are very old and quite rickety, which adds to the quaintness.

I ordered scallops followed by the lamb, which was cooked perfectly. My partner had homemade gnocchi, which he said was amazing, and then the steak. We also had wine, water and a dessert each and the bill was under €100, which is great value for money.

The service was very good and I would definitely recommend a visit to Spajza.