“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Spajza

Spajza
Ranked #17 of 568 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Soups, Slovenian, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brasilia, DF
“Good”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I ordered to start a shrimp risoto that was very good, but for main course I ordered octopus with truffle mashed potatoes, the octopus was not cook in the right point and was not good.
The service is very slow but ok.
I recommend to try.

• Visited February 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful dining evening in Ljubljana”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My partner and I dined at Spajza in March 2012. We just walked in spontaneously as we thought it would be worth trying...and it was a great experience!
The waiters were very careful and friendly with us. The dishes were deliciously and the restaurant has a very cosy atmosphere. The risotto was excellent and the chocolate memorable!
The prices are still reasonable for the quality of the food that is served.

Definitely a experience not to be missed in the capital city!

• Visited March 2012
London
“Nice, homely restaurant”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were recommended Spajza by our hotel on our first night in Lubljana as it is a traditional Slovenian restaurant. It had a great ambience and is quite old fashioned and homely - the seats are very old and quite rickety, which adds to the quaintness.

I ordered scallops followed by the lamb, which was cooked perfectly. My partner had homemade gnocchi, which he said was amazing, and then the steak. We also had wine, water and a dessert each and the bill was under €100, which is great value for money.

The service was very good and I would definitely recommend a visit to Spajza.

• Visited December 2012
Canberra, Australia
“Different”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We shared a goose meat Carpaccio as a starter, followed by a a duck breast with figs and a truffle pasta. We shared a plum strudel for dessert which did not come with any cream or icecream. The dishes were certainly different and all in all we enjoyed the dinner but were not convinced it was totally marvelous.

Visited September 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“To Die For!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

While visiting friends in Ljubljana they took us to this restaurant. I had fish with truffles and all I can say is OMG! YUM. The food was fantastic. I have never had a meal with truffles like the way they served it on my food. A culinary delight that I will be going back for. This particular restaurant is located on the back side of the castle below the clock tower. It's an older structure with a family feel to it. The food was excellent and the service very good...don't forget desert!

• Visited November 2012