All reviews hotel manager great hotel pre loaded local calls old town breakfast selection is perfect location appointed rooms great shower one night stay the breakfast area room price triple bridge modern bathroom stayed longer short walk park your car
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The hotel, location, service and breakfast are great. 10 minutes walk from the main bus station on flat road, close to old town, large room and super quiet. The only problem is that they did not honor the rate of the room I booked on their own website. They charged 8 Euro/night for 5 nights. So 40 Euro more than expected.

What was frustrating is not the amount they charged me but the principle and that nobody told me at check in or at anytime. I learned it at check out when I had to leave to catch a bus and had no time to argue.

So I emailed them several times and they finally acknowledge their mistake and accepted to refund me but not on my credit card. I had to give them my bank account information to do a international wire transfer but since my bank in the u.s. has an international wire transfer fee, I had to decline the refund.

They told me that the reason for the overcharge is a collapse of their website which lead to my rate being void. To be clear, I booked my stay directly on their website in October 2018 for a stay in May 2019. So if there was a website problem, it was known by the time I checked in and they had plenty of time to advise me. No need to wait at check out.

Usually when a provider makes a mistake it honors the original price, specially when a booking is made directly on the own website and not via a third party. There was also no way for me to validate the reason for the overcharge and I expected to pay the amount shown when I did my reservation, not an approximation of what it was going to cost me.

So the hotel is great but be aware that they may charge you more than expected if their website collapse and it is hard to challenge their saying.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2019

The hotel is small with maybe 30-40 rooms. The location is fine, being a short walk to the city centre and the museums and galleries. The view is however of a rather overgrown and bland plaza.
When we got there it took ages to even get in the front door, as there was a big tour group and their luggage clogged the passageways and the one staff member was quite overwhelmed by the noise and hassle from the group who were not well behaved. Not really their fault but only having one staff member was an issue. The lift was a disaster as it can only cope with 2 people or 1 with a lot of luggage meaning we had to carry our bags to the third floor after a long trip.
There is no kettle or coffee maker in the room though you can make it any time in the common room on the ground floor. It would be nice however to do this in the room.
Breakfast was quite good though again, every member of the tour group were in the restaurant at the same time, and the pushing was a bit much. Same when leaving - had to carry bags down the stairs after waiting for the lift.
The rooms are quite pleasant and the bathroom was good, including a drying rack. The bed was fine though it was actually 2 single beds together and the covers are again single.
I nearly gave the hotel 3 stars, but I am trying to not blame them for the tour group. If I ever stayed there again, I'd check first. The rooms are nice and the service was good other than the disaster of the tour group who were noisy, badly behaved and travelled as a pack.

Room tip: Only stay when there are no tour groups
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

Amazing location, perfectly clean, exceptional service. After touring Europe for one week is was by far the best 4 star hotel we have stayed in and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was worth of 5*s hotels, one couldn’t ask for more.

Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

Really enjoyed this hotel. Not much to look at from the outside, but the room was great. Spacious and nicely designed. Comfortable bed, great bathroom, even a separate space with a sofa. Internet was good, and so was breakfast. Staff were friendly and welcoming, and also had great recommendations for where to eat.
Parking was a bit more complicated (the hotel has limited space) but that is normal for a centrally located hotel in a historic city.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

Couldn’t fault our stay. The staff were extremely helpful with all our questions and the hotel manager managed to help find us a car rental for the same day, despite her trying 3 companies at first, and all of them saying there were no cars available due to the bank hotel. She greeted everyone in the morning and was so cheery. You can tell she has pride in her job.

Would definitely stay here again if we ever visited again

Beautiful country and so many natural sights to see.

Date of stay: April 2019