“Great degustation offerings”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a 7:30 reservation and sat in the upper level where there are only a few tables and it is very quiet and plain. Not as pretty as the main floor, but we liked the quieter room. We both had the fish degustation and one bottle of local Chardonnay, our bill was about 110 euro. An amuse came out first, then tuna tartare, on to a homemade pasta with lobster and red sauce, then monkfish which was divine. Our dessert was a custard with strawberry. Service was professional and attentive. Our waiter spoke excellent English and chose our wine. The cost was just the same for us at the other nice restaurants in town. No complaints at all.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The ambient is good, the staff very kind, with good wine suggestions. The food was lovely, the meat and pasta excellent, very well located, close to the city center

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This restaurant has great ratings and they are more than deserved. Love is so nice and chic, tasteful and very well presented, design is beautiful and service very good. Price is adequate as well specially coming from the UK

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Not a brilliant start to the meal. We were told there are no tables indoor even though there were clearly a few empty ones (which remained empty throughout the evening), so we chose to sit outdoor. Luckily it wasn't too chilly.
Service was good but not exceptional. Quite puzzlingly, there was a girl who stood by the door, and I wasn't quite sure what her role was. She clearly wasn't part of the wait staff as she wouldn't bring us the menus even though we were sat there for 5-10 minutes without anything to look at. She wasn't there as a door person either, as she watched guest help themselves with the door, even though she was standing right there. We were joking throughout the evening that she must be the boss's daughter.
Luckily, when the food arrived they redeemed themselves. We started the prawn and truffle purée as well as the risotto on the daily specials. Both were very tasty and certainly whet our appetite for what is to come.
For the mains, I had the steak with mushrooms & egg. The steak was cooked perfectly. The sides worked well, including a strukli, which was surprisingly light. My friend has the beef daily special which I was assured was just as good.
Dessert was the highlight for me. My friend had the Valvas'or cake, which I gathered was ok. I had the pear montage with white chocolate. That was heaven on a plate, don't choose anything else.
Yes, it was more expensive than most other meals we had in Ljubljana, but I guess you pay for quality.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I guess every city needs some high end places. This is one of those places striving for that label. As other have noted before me, the menu is creative and the service is elegant. From my experience in the poast I know that they are professional and can accomodate larger groups unanounced. It sure is an elegant place: the food is good - almost great - they have good selection of wines and desserts. What bothers me is that they want people to throw around big money.