“Almost fine dining”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“Almost fine dining”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

According to these reviews I was waiting something extraordinary. If this would have been my first dinner in Slovenia, I would propably write something else. We had had so many excellent dinners,so I was waiting this one to be even better. We had duck leg, which was really good, especially the sauces. Really good value for your money. I would recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tromso, Norway
“Excelent restaurant in Ljubljana”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant by coincidence, walking along the street we just chose it because it looked alright. It was far more than just alright. We chose a three course menu which were started with a complimentory appetizer of mozzarela in a basil and tomato sause. Our starter were melon and ham, a classic dish made perfect with just the right melon and with a tapenade as a spice. We then had a complimentory lemon sorbet clearing our palate for the main course. My wife had pasta with troufles, I had risotto with clam and troufle. Both very basic dishes, but taken to a higher level with the right spices and cooked just perfectly. Desert was pear with white chocolate sauce. Delecious! The waiter was knowledgeable and his sugestion of wine went very well with the food. This restaurant is highly recomended!

Visited July 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A disappointment...”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

So, I turned up without a reservation relatively early on a very hot Tuesday summer's evening. I was happy to sit indoors, but I was looked up and down as though my appearance wasn't appropriate. Not the most welcoming service, indeed the service was a bit stuff and overly formal. Rather uncomfortable.

As for the food, it started with a very nice amuse bouche of tomato basil and celery. I'd ordered a steak in a red wine sauce cooked rare but it was instead cooked well done -- a bit too tough to masticate actually. The leaves in the side salad side were a bit too limpid and wilted, and unfortunately soaked with vinegar.

So. A disappointment.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 09Noah
Devon,UK
“First class”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Tried this restaurant after reading reviews and were not disappointed. It is situated close to the Shoemaker's bridge in a quiet pedestrian street. The food, presentation and service were all first class. We ate inside in the evening as the air-conditioning was a welcome respite to the heat of the day. It was a bit pricey but well worth it. Would thoroughly recommend.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank HIG31
Kentucky, USA
“Wonderful Restaurant in Ljubljana”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Valvasor Restaurant is on one of the many pedestrian streets in Ljubljana. We ate outdoors under the tents one of our evenings here. Fish, lamb, and risotto were some of the dishes we had. All were prepared well, served with great presentation, and were simply delicious. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Prices were reasonable for an upscale restaurant, and we felt comfortable in relaxing and lingering as long as we wanted. This is truly a top rate restaurant.

Visited June 2013