“Superb restaurant”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was recommended to this restaurant by the hotel concierge and it was worth every penny. Located in the Center near the Town Hall offers a great menu and an even better list of wines. What a lovely friendly waiter. we ask him to suggest some dishes and a particular wine and he came up with some excellent dishes. Attractive ambiance, friendly service, food for Michelin star reward and an excellent local wine. All for a very attractive price. Congratulations.

There are newer reviews for Valvasor

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were recommended to go to this restaurant and weren't disappointed. The staff were very helpful and attentive - not overbearing. The food was great and it was a pleasure to see they were trying to do good food with a modern take. Also the wine recommendations were most enjoyable. Certainly worth trying and a good recommendation.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

When i was in ljubljana i had to check this restorant, bicouse of god revievs on TA. We had realy god food but i was expecting little mor from the top in Lj. Maby they s hould do something with decoration of plathes, it would be realy nice adding to the experiance. But stil god to wisit

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We enjoyed our evening at Valvasor; the staff were initially very reserved and formal but polite. As the evening progressed & I joked about me having a deal with my husband about him drinking most of wine so I could eat all the dessert, the waiter then became more relaxed and friendly. Both the wine (recommended by waiter) and the dessert were delicious...in fact all the food was very good. My husband had excellent lamb - very lean and tender...similar to quality Australian & NZ lamb. The side of vegetables was fresh and cooked to perfection. The decor was modern and elegant (see photo) although do agree that the seating isn't very comfortable if you have back problems, so it would be good if there were a few cushions available for back support if needed. The prices were fine for the quality and service and it is wise to check on prices if you are asking for recommendations like we did for the wine. That way there's no surprises when the bill arrives. Many thanks to staff at Valvasor - we would recommend to our friends.

2  Thank NotMolly
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The decoration is the dream of a bad architecture: beautiful and absolutely uncomfortable. The sitting place (kind of sofa) was 90 degrees, no place to relax the back. The cutlery was long, and difficult to handle. Nothing practical.
Now the food: correct. I had a steak, not bad, but as I go quite often to Buenos Aires I can only say that any parilla place is much better. The side dish was some kind of puree, with cheese, no taste at all. The amuse bouche at the beginning very good.
Pricey!