“Authentic Thai Food, Friendly Service, Tablet Based Menus for Us Geeks”
Review of Thai inn Pub

Thai inn Pub
Ranked #187 of 625 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a delicious lunch here today. Asian food is always a crapshoot in Europe, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Thai flavors similar to what I would have in a Thai restaurant in Los Angeles (ok, admittedly not Bangkok, but with lots of Thai food competition). I was also delighted by the very cool wifi powered tablet based menus. Picture a small Kindle. You can choose from four languages, including English, and find your way through menus to the menu for food, drink, etc. Like ordering online, you browse, add stuff to your cart, and send the order to the kitchen. You can choose how spicy you want each dish. I suppose if you are a technophobe, this might be problematic, but it added to the experience for me. The food arrived as oredered, and when it was time to pay, you pushed to button to summon the wait person, and the device asked if you wanted to add a tip, and whether you were paying by cash or card.

Ok, I should talk about the food. I ordered a vegetable dish with chicken and basil medium spicy, and that is how it came. It was delicious, served with the right amount of good quality white rice, with fresh flavors. My wife ordered pad thai and liked that too. The restaurant is near a university, and also serves as a pub, with lots of interesting beverages on tap. I still can hardly get over that we found good Thai food here. It's a first for the three Eastern European capitols we have lived in, where often the menu is subsumed to local tastes at the cost of authenticity. If you like technology, Thai food, or both, you will like this place.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

not recommended. very unfriendly staff, food is very average, not my choise of thai food in Ljubljana - there are better thai restaurants.

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

If you order spicy, you'll get really HOT dish. Portions are big, almost too big. Staff isn't really nice. But I think they have tasty pad thai.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Not fine dining but enjoyable pub grub. Only place so far in Slovenia I have found Hot HOT spicy food!
Prices good, attracts students (and should do at the students prices 3-4€ !!)
Buckets of cocktails with numerous straws look interesting and would provide a challenge for the most dedicated drinker.
Looks to have live music and karaoke and themed nights also.
Would recommend to young and young at heart. (I'm 70)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Amazing, its just amazing. Best spicy food, I've eaten in a while. Especially their spicy noodles are pure delight