“The best”

Ranked #2 of 24 Dessert in Ljubljana
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Best ice-cream ant the biggest scoops in Ljubljana. Nice terasse with scienic view in the heart of Ljubljana.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,454)

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I really can't believe the reviews I've seen about this place.
I order a hot chocolate and got a thick chocolate powder in a mug mixed with 10% milk.
That was so thick I couldn't drink it at all.
When the waiter came to clean my table and saw the mug almost full he asked me if that was ok.
I said "no the hot chocolate is so thick I couldn't drink it".
He looked at me surprise and said "everybody comes here because of the hot chocolate and they like it that way".
I said "I can't believe it !!! or it's not foreigners !!".
He didn't offer me another drink or a discount.

Well, if you are looking for a good hot chocolate, it's not here.

4  Thank rose m
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We visited the coffee house on a sunny day in may. Cake, coffee and ice cream were absolutely delicious. We enjoyed the friendly service on a sunny terrace with nice view over the castle.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stopped on our walk down the river front to pick up an ice cream, ended up coming back every night to do the same. Really top notch and a beautiful location. Plentiful outside seating which is always packed with locals as well as tourists. Next time we're in Ljubliana we will be coming by again, rain or shine.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I only stopped here for ice cream and coffee so I can't speak to the food, but we were both very pleased with our desserts (and we're spoiled when it comes gelato or ice cream). Also, the atmosphere of sitting by the river is a good memory of our stay in Ljubljana.

As for service, I'm sorry to hear one of the reviewers say he dealt with someone sour in the take-away part. We had a great waiter who was good at making suggestions when I said I wanted ice cream with chocolate. He gave me three options and what I had (I think something with dark chocolate) was excellent. We also thought the price for the portion was very reasonable; we are used to Washington DC prices where dessert has gotten quite trendy (read: expensive and small sized).

1  Thank samthegirl