“Best gelato anywhere!”

Ranked #2 of 27 Dessert in Ljubljana
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Although other reviewers have talked about the ice cream here, it is presented in the same manner as gelato in Italian shops. I have no reason to think that it is not gelato, unless being very creamy means it is not. It is absolutely the best I have had anywhere including all over Italy. The flavors change daily as they get a lot of business in this shop. The presentation is beautiful. I could not believe the Tiramisu that had large pieces of cake in it. For the quality of the product the price is reasonable. The cakes under glass looked wonderful as well but we never tried them. I am home now and missing this establishment.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,558)

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were in on a sunny day in april, and we were dissapointed, coffee was cold, and the service was slow, but the icecream was nice though.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Of course tee, coffee and fruit dishes with yogurt and ice cream. I would say if you are in Portorož or Ljubljana you must go to Cacao special in summer. Summer without Cacao is not summer :-)

1  Thank Andrej N
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went there after a friend suggested me. The place looks really good and the atmosphere is warm and friendly, being the waiters so nice and helpful. Already by seeing them, both cakes and icecreams are awesome... and after tasting them I can confirm that! A must visit in Lj! :)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

With some friends we went to have some coffee to Cacao. When we saw the amazing wide variety of pastry we couldnt avoid order some cake. The sweet smell of the Cafe involves all your senses encouraging the pleasure of the whole experience. Highly reccommend: Pistaccio cake. A bit disapointing: Cheesecake

I will come back. For sure!