“Well run hostel”
Review of Vila Veselova

Vila Veselova
Ranked #3 of 59 Ljubljana B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had a family room with two single beds and a bunk bed, which were all comfortable and well equipped (individual lights in the bunks). The location is wonderful, about 10 minutes walk right to the centre, but in a great old building in a beautiful neighbourhood. The staff are very helpful, and the breakfasts are good. There are actually two kitchens, though I couldn't get the stove to work in either one, which would have been frustrating if I had wanted to cook a meal. Internet reception is good, plus there is a free computer in the upstairs kitchen. There wasn't much of a lounge area, though there is a big dining room downstairs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
VilaVeselova, Receptionist at Vila Veselova, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you, we are glad that you enjoy your stay. We do our best to keep the nice atmosphere in our Villa. We fixed the problem with the stoves:)

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Walkable location, clean rooms, pleasant staff, adequate breakfast = a top tier hostel experience for me. I was very comfortable at Vila Veselova and felt quite safe as a solo female traveler. If the hostel is at full capacity, bathroom and shower space would likely be at a premium (I was there in April when there were still open beds). I got the sense that this isn't a party hostel though it was easy to congregate with other travelers. A highlight of my trip was meeting the tour guide Misha and traveling with him to Bled and Bohinj. I learned way more about Slovenia than I would have traveling alone and I highly recommend the tours available from this hostel if you have the few extra euro to spend!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your nice review.:) We try to do our best! We like to give as much info as possible to our guests about Slovenia, to encourage them to dicover more about our country. There is a lot to see here:)!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

After staying here for 3 nights, I'm convinced that this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in in my travels around Europe and here why's: its a very beautiful building built by a student of the famous Slovenian architect, Jože Plečnik. Unlike other modern hostels with funky modern themes (but not very comfortable beds from my experience), this hostel exudes an old time charm to it that makes it feel very homely and you, at ease. Second, it comes with a good and healthy breakfast (apple, yogurt, 3 different types of cereal, bread with assorted jams and butter, coffee and teas). For a budget traveler and a healthy eater, you'd be happy. Third, the beds! I slept in an 8 bed dorm and never in my life had I slept so comfortably in a dorm. It's spacious, the bunk beds DON'T SHAKE (like most dorms elsewhere), there is a reading light for you and a power socket (extremely convenient) and a drawer under your bed large enough to fit a lot of things including a big rucksack. The toilets and showers are clean and so was everything else. Fourth, its very close to the old town (10-15 mins walk) where the river is and there's a good supermarket 5 mins away from it as well. And last but not least, the staff. They were very informative and helpful in every way. If it wasn't for one of them (Tina, I think), I would have much more trouble getting from Venice to Ljubljana as there was no direct train. It was through email that I was recommended a shuttle service called GoOpti, which I happily used in the end. You will find the staff very friendly as well if you chat with them. I had the pleasure of chatting with Ursa who is just so sweet.

If there is one thing I could recommended an improvement, it would be the sitting space in the communal area. Maybe its because of space constraints but I thought having couches would be more comfortable and practical (for reading or chilling out) than straight cushion seats.

All in all, I'd definitely recommend Vila Veselova. I thought the price was very good for the whole experience and service (it helps that I came at the 'low season', just days before the 'peak' where prices would be a bit more expensive). Even after a week I was still thinking of this lovely hostel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for all your compliments. We honored to see our guests getting the best experience: home away from home.:)

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hostel was lovely. The staff were friendly and helpful giving advice as to where to eat and what to see. The hostel is situated in the embassy area and is only about 10 min walk to the river. Ljubljana is a small capital city. I stayed in the dorms which were nice and clean and quiet. The showers were were nice and warm and they provide towels and lockers. As well as a complimentary breakfast. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for your review. We are glad you liked our Vila and enjoyed your staying here.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Vila Veselova is a wonderful hostel few minutes away from the city center and from the train station. The area is really beautiful and secure. The hostel is charming with a wonderful staff. Good breakfast and free tea and coffee. Comfortable rooms and nice kitchens for the guests. Everything is kept clean and tidy.
They also offer tours organised by the lovely tour guide Miha, a guy really passionate about his country that makes you enjoy Slovenia even more.
Ljubljana is beautiful and this hostel is great!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

We are honored that you felt so safe and good here - that's what we want to achieve. We also try to do our best to keep the hostel clean. We agree, Miha is outstanding guide, that’s why we have him ;)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Vila Veselova is a lovely small hostel in Ljubljana,managed by a lovely lady Vandana;situated in diplomatic area of Ljubljana,it has all homely touch away from home;staff are very helpful and cordial;with nice kitchen;and a breakfast and all the while free tea & coffee it is a home away from home in a real sense;I would love to go again;thanks Vandana-hope to see u soon

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review and come back soon:).

Reviewed May 18, 2013

vila veselova is one the places that you can stay in ljubljana even more i think they are better than the best their hospitatily was really good. And hostel is the cleanest one I have ever seen. its staff is best as well. It is near city center you can walk everywhere in Ljubljana city center.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much! We appreciate, that you noticed that we do our best to keep the hostel clean and tidy:)! We also always try to help our guests - to make them feel like they are at home.