All reviews yogurt old town free parking outdoor terrace minute walk breakfast selection room was large spent two nights inner courtyard convenient location light sleeper loved ljubljana no elevator cold meats within easy walking distance charming city decent size
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2019

Slamič’s two key PR words are ‘quality’ and ‘tradition’. The images that illustrate and underline the slogan show pastel-coloured (dominant shade: cream) rooms with traditionally but elegantly styled wooden furniture – all tastefully restrained and promising a relaxing and pleasant stay.
That’s what I thought during the first three days of my apparently longer than usual and not exactly economic stay (99 Euros @ one night matches London prices for a medium quality hotel, never mind B & Bs). As described on the website, there is a pleasant terrace, a café and proximity to the centre of town …
My room was tastefully renovated, if a bit dark, but with a lovely small bathroom and air conditioning, essential in current climate-change induced heat waves. Still, some improvements would have been possible: a desk lamp in addition to the bedside lights would have made the space cosier at night and the lack of any interesting artwork on the walls seemed positively strange in a city that boasts the oldest graphic art biennale in the world – in other words, the availability of high quality fine art prints (not mass-produced so-called ‘original’ printed art) by national and international artists at affordable prices ….
Too bad the whole thing was spoiled by the unexpected appearance of a live rock band on the last night (which I had happily anticipated spending with nice glass of sparkling Jazbec Teran on the terrace) from around 18 hours to 22.30 … All perfectly fine (including the performance of the band) if that’s what you’ve come for, but not so agreeable to those who haven’t - although the owner, when I took him up on this, was not prepared to see it that way …
Hospitality? Quality? Tradition? - You decide.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Slamic, Front Office Manager at Slamic B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2019

Dear,
thank you for your review.
We would like to apologize for your recent experience and we are sorry to hear you weren't completely satisfied with your staying with us - because of the concert at our terrace.
For 9 years in a row we are known for our "musical wednesdays" - doing our best to bring the best musicians and making live concerts at our terrace or our hall downstairs. Concerts are free for our B&B guests and everyone is always warmly welcome to join it. Usually our guests love these wednesdays but we absolutely understand that some are coming to us tired and needing to rest - that's why we always tend to finish it until 10pm or so.
We also have renovation plans for the future and we are thankful to hear good critics as well.
We hope everything else was perfect and we are looking forward to hosting you again in the future!

Sending you warm regards,
B&B Slamič

Reviewed June 26, 2019

I walked from the bus station. I knew what was on the corners plus the entrance is in the picture too - those were the worse stairs. You may need to ring the bell at reception but someone will be there. Staff is great. Room very comfortable. Could use some kleenex in the bathroom. Breakfast , I saw no running out of things but then I get there when it opens. They could use some more fruit but the basics were there. Staff recommended Slovenska House on the corner. Food excellent service not so good but went there twice. Veal roast was one of the best meals I have ever had. Contrary to what someone said, noise is ok maybe the odd car but better than most places. Recommended due to location

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear,
thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review, we work hard to meet expectations like yours.
We are very happy to hear you had a pleasant time here with us and glad you found so many things that made your stay here in Ljubljana as lovely as possible! :) Our staff is glad to hear they made you feel welcome and homey.
We are sorry there is no elevator - our vintage building was built in 1932 :) but our staff is always happy to help you with the luggage or anything!
We will be happy to host you again anytime in the future,
warm regards,
B&B Slamič

Reviewed June 23, 2019

So I think it will really depend on what you personally want from a place to decide whether this is for you or not.
I picked it based on the location, price and other reviews on here. As a solo traveler I didn’t want to pay a fortune and I didn’t want to be too far out either.
I entered through the wrong door upon arrival (through the cafe) there is a main entrance slightly further on. However it was just as well, because the guy in there carried up my case and checked me in. There is no lift and no one was on reception, this was common. There were 46 stairs up to my room, fine for me, maybe not everyone.
Pro’s were, the whole place was very clean, the shower always had hot water and the bed was comfortable. It was nice to be able to open windows too. For me, the location was perfect, close to the bus and train station and a short walk to the old town and main park. It also has a nice terrace where you can sit outside and eat.
Cons, it was very noisy. Both guests and maids very “shouty”, take ear plugs. The breakfast wasn’t all that, once it was gone, it was gone, nothing was replenished. Tea bags ran out and weren’t replaced until the third day. The shower is no more than a triangular base in the corner of the room so not much space.
I stayed here for a week at the end of May.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2019 via mobile

1 night stay in the middle of a 12 day motorcycle tour of the Balkans

Arrived early evening then had a bit of fun locating the hotel, not helped by road closures in the immediate area - however after investigating the general area, worked out how to get to the hotel car park - that’s when the fun began

The car park isn’t the biggest and trying to shoehorn in 9 motorcycles took quite a bit of ingenuity and a fair bit of time but eventually it was sorted

Into the hotel to be allocated our rooms which were excellent with good facilities within

Had a drink at the bar before going out for a meal so can’t comment on the hotels own restaurant

Great for a 1 night (or even longer) stay

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

Our first experience of Slovenian hospitality and didn’t disappoint. Well appointed rooms, clean and comfortable. Beautiful terrace, perfect for breakfast and lunches, even dinners. Good cooked breakfast and coffee. Would definitely come back. Petra is a gem and so friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. Thank you Slamic

Trip type: Traveled with family