Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $25.86
from $113.00
from $88.26
More Info
All reviews training session beautiful horses guided tour stud farm interesting history lipizzaner horses horse lover own pace spanish riding school cruise ship carriage ride every hour love horses horse show animal lovers dancing horses stables
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Interesting tour of the famous Lipizzan stud farm, a great show and beautiful horses to look at.
Can easily spend 3 or 4 hours walking around the site and learning about the horses.
The show is a good history of the horses with them showing off their capabilities.
Worth a visit, if you are in the area.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We became aware of this place following a trip to the Spanish Riding School in Vienna where they talked about the breeding programme on the guided tour.

Whereas at the Spanish Riding school you are not allowed to photogragh or touch the horsesI(rightly so) this experience is more relaxed.

Our guide, Boris was knowledgable and clearly loved the horses which I found very touching. The tour takes you through the stables and I was previliged to be able to make a fuss of these magnificent animals.

We also were lucky enought to watch schooling session which, if you are a horseman you will find iinteresting. The actual shows are not daily so if that is what you want to see then check for dates/times.

The whole place is lovely and there are various activites available which are detailed on the website. Or you can wander round and enjoy the beauty of the place and see the mares and foals grazing.

One of the many highlights of an amazing holiday in Slovenia.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

We could have had such nice memories of this place, but sadly the entire day was ruined by the ignorance of people and their mobile phones. Whilst there were signs everywhere requesting no phone or camera usage, and an announcement at the start of the show requesting no photos or VIDEOS due to the unique nature of the show, people left, right and centre still used them. I was repeatedly shouted at by the man next to me after gently reminding him about the notice, to the extent that I walked out. A member of staff agreed that there should be no use of phones for photos or videos, but said they were helpless to stop it, and could only physically stop flash being used. She let me sit in a different quieter area, where thankfully people were respectful of the horses and riders, and immersed themselves in the show rather than sat behind their screens. Unfortunately she then let some late-comers into that area too, and despite saying they had to sit at back and that children weren't allowed at front, she was ignored, so we had kids bobbing up and down at the front throughout the performance. The fact is, they have the rule about no children at front and no phones so the horses aren't distracted. It's a shame people nowadays don't seem to be able to follow and respect rules. Just wish the staff had the balls to do something about it! On the plus side, the show was beautiful and gentle, with lovely lighting and music, and showcased the connection between horse and rider.

Outside of the show, the grounds are pretty, the tour with Anja was interesting (though we were saddened by the branded stallions), the cafe had the best burgers we'd ever eaten, and we were lucky to see the mares and foals in the fields. It's just a shame that by then we felt so dispirited that we didn't enjoy the day to the full.

Reviewed August 21, 2019 via mobile

We bought tickets just for the farm- there were no shows / rides available. It was ok. We joined a tour which was interesting for adults but not for our children (after the initial stables where you could stroke the horses). They peeled off with my husband to go to the playground. The grounds are nice, and I guess I’m not sure what else I expected. I feel that c45 euro for the family was a lot considering what we were able to see and do.

Reviewed August 19, 2019 via mobile

We visited and bought tickets for the tour and the show. I thought the tour was except- very informative and interesting.
The show was a disappointment- the past couple of items were good - I would have liked to see more of the dancing horses - and the horses jumping with the riders.

Date of experience: August 2019