All reviewshotel leksuperior roomswimming poolbuffet styletennis courtsdining roomsalad barminute walksoupsski slopesfree ski lockersvelux windowboth breakfast and dinnerice creamself servicewine and beerfriendly hotel
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We booked this skiing holiday through thomson's last feb for my wife two daughters (6 and 3) and myself and traveled with friends so there was seven of us in total. Having read some of the reviews on here about the rooms we were a little apprehensive about how ours would be and when I noticed that our room description on our first invoice said "Family Room" and on our final comfirmation letter which arrived in November it had changed to "Small Family Room". I enquired with First Choice who we had booked with and they checked and discovered that the rooms available had changed mid way through the year so instead of the double bed pull down double and single sofa bed which we had booked we were now being put into a room with twin beds and two single sofa beds, in fairness to the staff at first choice they kept me informed and told me that we would in fact have the larger room that we had booked, I wonder if I hadn't noticed would they have put us into the small room?
We took off bang on time from Bristol and thanks to a tail wind arrived 30 mins early in Salzburg. When we reported to the Crystal rep they had no record of us and what bus we should be on for our transfer, We went to their desk in the arrivals hall and were told that the bus was not yet there and could we come back in 30mins. Fair enough we all thought as we did arrive early. we had a hot chocolate and looked around the shops and returned to be told our bus was waiting for us and we could now go and get on it. When we got to the bus we were told that due to fog in Innsbruck airport 12 additional flights had been transfered to Salzburg and this had caused some problems with the scheduled flights and we should be on our way as soon as possible, TWO HOURS later we finally got on our way for the 3 1/2 hour transfer. Talking to some of the passengers that got on the bus last they had also been told to go and have a coffee when we were obviously allready waiting on the bus for them, I think the crystal reps had got very confused with the extra customers that were arriving and did not really know who was on what bus.
We had a 30min stop half way through the transfer and had some drinks and a toilet break and finally arrived at the hotel at approx 11pm. The welcome that we recieved when we arrived was great with a cold platter left out as the restaurant was closed.There was no need to be worried about the room it was a lovely sized room with a bath and shower and great views of the mountains and very comfortable beds which were now much needed after a long day.

We were told by our rep on the transfer that we had to go to another hotel in the morning for 08:30 to collect our lift passes and vouchers for the ski hire!!!! then a welcome meeting at 09:30 which was very informative and not the usual excuse to try and sell you some of the trips!

Now we start to have some problems! we are not taken to the hire shop as we had been told but just told where it was and to go and get our gear, we found the shop and of course so had every other customer that had arrived the night before, the result was just shear mayhem and there were boots and ski's everywhere and only limited space for you to sit down and try your gear on! From there we had to get to the slopes and the meeting point for my wife's and 6 year old to have their first lesson at 12 midday, was any rep their to show us where the easiest way to the slopes was NO! so carrying three sets of skis and boots we walked up the wrong street only to have to retrace our steps and ask for directions which in fairness when you knew the way it was only a five minute walk.
Lessons began and I had my 3 year old, a bag and my own ski gear and tried to find where the ski lockers on the slopes were located, problem number two. two different crystal reps telling me two totally different places resulting in me and my daughter walking back and fourth across the bottom of the slopes for about an hour. First impressions were what a wonderfull place but our first experience could have spoilt the whole trip as if I'm honest after what was a very disorganised first morning we were ready to pack up and come home! Why do crystal not stagger peoples time to collect their gear so there is not one mad rush and actually acompany there customers as was promised! If we had been shown and given some help the first impressions of the holiday would have been much better.
Once you knew where you were going the resort and facilities are great and we had an amazing time!
The food, Accomodation, pool and staff at the hotel lek are great and i think some of the previous reviews may have exagerated some of their problems as when we reported that a bulb had gone in our room they repaired it within a few minutes and all of the staff would make a point of saying hello and making you feel very welcome.

In conclusion I would have to say that the holiday was great but I think some of the crystal organising needs to be looked at. As we only dealt with the reps on the first day I can only comment on that and unfortunatly my expierience of them was not a good one.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Jason R
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed here for a week c/o a Crystal ski trip. The room, facilities and service were excellent we had a room with balcony and mountain views. Well laid out and clean. Staff very helpful. We are both vegetarians and the kitchen staff went out of their way to ensure that there were several different vegetarian choices available for us, in addition to selections from the very extensive buffet. The food was great - just what we needed after days of high activity. So highly recommend for a family with one or more vegetarians - but do let the hotel know in advance.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Trish A
Reviewed November 24, 2012

First let me say this Hotel is really lovely with excellent facilities, location and food. BUT this is severely compromised if you are booked in with Crystal Holidays. We, and my sister and husband, booked our holiday through Crystal Holidays and we were allocated one of the older, dark tiny rooms, even though we had paid extra for superior rooms. These Rooms were classed superior only because they had a minuscule balcony. Our bed (4'6") screeched with every movement making it impossible to sleep but this proved to be a blessing in disguise as we were moved to a different room which was faultless. Clean and bright with a large balcony, albeit no view.

Having spoken to many English guests we found that all those who had booked through Crystal Holidays had inferior rooms (some in roof space with high windows) but still deemed superior but those booked through INGHAMS had the better newer rooms.

I would highly recommend this a hotel but avoid booking this through CRYSTAL HOLIDAYS.

Room Tip: Don't book through Crystal and ensure you get one of the new extension rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Olive A
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We visited this hotel as part of a package tour through Blakan Holidays. Having read the tripadvisor reviews we paid the extra for balcony rooms and steered clear of the attic. If truth be told the upgrade wasn't a lot of money and more than worth it. Although situated on the edge of Kransjka Gora the village isn't big so it is only a short walk to the centre. Nestled amongst the Julian Alps there are some stunning views to be had and as such the location is ideal. Our room was spacious and comfortable with plenty of storage space which I guess is useful for the winter sports crowd. The bathroom didn't have a bath but was otherwise perfectly decent although the shower head had a life of its own and occasionally would fly off the bracket and soak the bathroom. Our room was at the side and didn't have particularly good views but it was close enough to reception for us to take advantage of the free wifi. We had a bit of a noise problem one night from an adjacent bedroom where a party seemed to be being held but otherwise the room was quite a relaxing place.

All the hotel staff were helpful and very friendly. They all spoke English to a good or fluent standard. We were on a half board deal. The food was very good. Don't expect haute cuisine. You get a buffet which is heavy on the carbs, just what you need after a day's hiking or skiing in the mountains. Slovenian specialities and more international dishes are on offer, nothing fancy but all fresh and tasty. There was a red and a white wine on special offer each evening along with one of their range of beers. The prices were good and we availed ourselves of the offers each night. A buffet breakfast in the morning also hit the spot. Once again nothing fancy but perfectly acceptable.

There is a small bar area downstairs where prices were reasonable. Other facilities include a gym, pool (a bit on the cold side) and spa.

Happy to recommend the Hotel Lek!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Balix
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Hotel was really good, Excellent food even though it was a buffet. They had a nightly guest beer and bottles of wine from around the globe which were fantastic value. The staff in the hotel were very friendly and efficient and could not do enough for you. The indoor pool area was great, just what you want after a long day in the mountains. The only negative about the hotel was the lack of a public lounge. The bar was in the basement and not very welcoming.

We did not appreciate that the bus up to the Vrisic Pass only ran at weekends in September which was a big disappointment.. On our last day however the hotel very kindly picked us up at the Vrsic Pass on brought us back to the hotel in time to get transfer to the airport at 5pm. We had the walk of the week at high altitude. Would also recommend the cycle ride to the Italian lakes ( breathtaking).

Room Tip: We had a very quiet large room on the first floor which was north facing so no sun on the balcony. The rooms on the front would get sun for part of the day, but more traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple