“Great day out”

$76.28*
and up
Adventure Trip: Kranjska Gora, Bovec, Bohinj from Bled
More attraction details
Owner description: At an altitude of 1611 metres, the mountain pass at Vrsic is the highest in the eastern Julian Alps and provides a natural link between the Savska and the Soska valleys. You may wish to have a relaxing cup of coffee or even stay the night at the Ticarjev mountain hut, which is located at the top of the pass. There are five mountain huts on Vrsic offering you rest and refreshment. Just off the main road winding up Vrsic, at an altitude of around 1200 metres rests the Russian chapel. Whilst ascending Vrsic, you can admire the natural rock-carved face of the lovely maiden Ajdovska deklica and a natural rock-window created in the face of the Prisank mountain.
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Great day out”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Fantastic scenery all the way to Bovec. Trenta Valley the best in Slovenia. The views from the mountain cafe at the top is quite awesome

Visited July 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Centennial, Colorado
356 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 392 helpful votes
“stunning views fun drive”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This drive has the most amazing views. However if you are the driver you have to pay attention to the road because there are 50 hairpin turns. I drove very slowly so that i could enjoy the views. There was no one else on the road so I could take it slowly. There are places to pull off and enjoy the views and take pictures. I am afraid of heights but this drive was not scarry for me. I really enjoyed it. This is a must do when in Slovenia as it is sooo beautiful and peaceful. I started in Kranjska Gora, went through Bovek, Kobairid, the Predjama Castle and back to Ljubljana. It is a full day but well worth it. Take your time and enjoy it and explore the little towns along hte way.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank World-wander-woman
Edmonton, Canada
116 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Great for both driver and passengers”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was driving when we drove the Vrsic pass which was fun. 50 hairpin turns keep you busy paying attention to the road. This of course meant that I was not able to enjoy all the views that my passengers were oohing and aawing at. Nevertheless I did pull over a few times to enjoy the views myself.

This drive is well worth going out of your way to drive it.

Visited September 2013
Hampshire, UK
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Lovely views”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were lucky enough to visit when snow was around, but the pass still open, a couple of weeks ago.
Views in the snow are amazing.
Lots of hairpins bends but not too scary. Having said that, I wasn't driving, my husband was!
Lots of viewpoints on the way up and down. Worth stopping.
Russian chapel is a must.
Also Izmir Soca, source of the Soca river on the Bovec side. And visit the Dom there for some yummy soup.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank heqwerty
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing views , scarry road”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We visited Kranjska gora and carry on our trip trough Vrsic pass. We stopped at Russian chapel which is nice for a short break on the way to the top. It is a memorial to Russian sholders that were prisoners there and built the road that takes you from Kranjska gora trough Vrsic pass to vally Trenta where is Soca river spring. There are breath taking views of mountains all the way. The road itself is a bit scarry, should be more wide. I personaly am happy that I didnt have to drive. We met a bus and siriusely it was close, we could pass by just by few milimeters. Also be prepared for some crazy drivers speeding and cuting the turns... other than that it is is marvelous :)

Visited July 2013