All reviews swimming pool nice hotel buy bottled water choice of food at breakfast dog sledging pasta dinner buffet evening meal half board feb half term no air conditioning plenty of choice a lot of noise large screen tv daily room service mini disco ski rental
Selected filters
Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

After finding this hotel on Secret Escapes we decided to book it for our getaway with friends.

The hotel were kind enough to let us check in a few hours early, unfortunately this is where the positives ended.

We were offered a ground floor room right next to the entrance to the spa area, with endless noise and people constantly walking past our window looking into the room. The smell in this area of the hotel was putrid to say the least.

We complained twice and asked to move rooms, but was told the hotel was full.

I decided to check on booking.com to see if this was truly the case as the hotel seemed half empty, low and behold there was a room available to book, so we complained again only to be offered two other rooms being told they had become available last minute (yeah right) - the other options weren’t great either, one right above the car park and the other a small loft room. We took the latter in the hope that it was the quietest of the two options.

The hotel is dated, carpet in the rooms will make you want to keep your socks on at all times, and other surface areas are far from clean. Most facilities in the hotel come with an additional charge.

The pillows in our room were horribly lumpy and when wanting to change pillow from the “pillow menu” it was by far the 100 selections of pillows they claim to offer.

Finally, the hotel appeared to be a one night stop off for coach parties - accommodating many of the excited school kids amongst other guests.

Avoid at all costs, there are many other lovely places in the area to choose from. Not quite sure how this place still has its 4 star rating.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
aida k, Manager at Hotel Kompas, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

Hotel has a great location, ski trails are across the road and the city centre is 5 minutes walking distance.

Room was clean and comfortable. Food in the restaurant was ok, buffet is small with limited choices and it should be improved especially considering that this is a 4* hotel. Coffee in the lobby was just awful.

Staff on the reception was a bit unfriendly when I asked them to return me the documents for skipass and ski rental I got a feeling that they are afraid I'll run away without paying. Really unpleasant situation when I needed to justify myself about taking the documents especially since GDPR is not allowing hotels to hold the guests documents (that I know for sure, since I'm working at reception). Rest of the staff was not too friendly either.

Temperature in the indoor pool should be higher.

Trip type: Traveled with family
aida k, Manager at Hotel Kompas, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

Dear Sir or Madam,

thank you for your stay at Kompas Hotel in Kranjska Gora and for sharing your opinion.

I am sorry for the bad experiance at the reception desk. I belive it was not what we wanted to do.

I will pass this letter to my team.

Best regards, Aida Kadič, hotel manager

Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at the Kompas half board in Feb half term with family and friends for a ski trip. The hotel is ideally located 2 minutes walk from the ski school meeting point and lifts. Also a few minutes walk from the main town.
We found the hotel to be comfortable. The room was large and very clean. Serviced daily by the maids. We had a family room with four beds, it was a nice surprise that the beds were all ‘proper’ beds and not ‘put up’ beds. We also had a nice balcony. The room was too warm and needed to have the balcony door open at night and outside was quite noisy. There were bins outside and these were filled and emptied at 4.30am which often disturbed sleep.
The food was plentiful, varied and fairly tasty with plenty of choice, catering for all( including fussy children! ) You could always find something you like to eat. Staff were helpful and accommodating.
The pool area was nice but quite crowded in the evening but it was half term.
My only comments for improvement, (aside of rooms too warm) are there should be tea/coffee making facilities in room. Also we were only provided with a ski locker for 2 people when there were 4 of us staying in the room, although the hotel allowed us to store ski equipment behind the front desk.
I’ve now stayed at the 4 main hotels in KG and this is one of the better ones!

1  Thank ntl1973

Dear Sir or Madam,

thank you for your 4 stars and for giving us Review on Tripadvisor about your stay at Kompas hotel in Kranjska Gora.

It seems that you noticed everthing in the hotel and around the hotel.
I hope that you will come back soon.

Best regards from me and my team.

Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

Stayed there for a family holliday and expected much more of the Hotel.
As a 4 star one we would expect better rooms, although the room was quite big.
The extra bed was basically a couch and was a nightmare to sleep on (and this was ment for the kids?). Said that the room cleaness has to be improved.
The Restaurant is ok with the stuff being very kind but what bothered us is that most of the waiters were not Slovenian (not a problem at all...) what was quite annoying is that they didn’t know the slovenian language.
Last but not least the Receptionists..oh boy.. such a rude guy... the other ones (maybe we have had the missfortune to get those) were like “what I’m doing here?” and didn’t know the answer to half of our questions.
What’s positive about the hotel is the friendly and very nice stuff at the kids anymation.

I was very sad to read all the dissapointing things that you had in the hotel.
We will improve slovenian language in service. I am very sorry about te reception boy. I will speak with the team and I will take some actions.

Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic location, delightful village. Room spacious, comfortable warm and clean. Amazing views from Balcony room.
Unfortunately that's where it ends !!!!
Food whilst plentiful if you do not mind 'fighting' other guests and unruly children for it ! Was unimaginative, poorly presented and overcooked. Must say have Never been served Brussel Sprouts and Carrots for Breakfast. Very restricted tea/coffee Rules!!! Extremely expensive Bar !!! For the most part indifferent on the point of rude staff.
Warning do not expect to get a coffee after 10pm !!! 4 Star ???
Did not venture to swimming pool (bombed by children not my thing) and where the 2 nightclubs were is beyond me !

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Di B
aida k, Manager at Hotel Kompas, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2019

I was very sad to read all the dissapointing things that you had in the hotel.
Please give us a chance to imporove our service.