First of all, staff was great and very friendly. It has been taken over last February by new people and I hope that they make a few upgrades. The setting is lovely, just up a small hill from Lake Bohinj. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the lake. This view is not right near the lake and you really only see a bit of the lake. The mountain view is pretty good. We were there in a very slow time and could have our pick of rooms. People said that the restaurant was dismal, being in the basement. That is true, but not a reason to stay away. The food was just average. We had half board and two days was enough of that. Our room was a suite, which had a nice living room and very small kitchen. We did not cook, but nice to have a fridge. The bedroom was large enough to have some extra space and it also opened onto the balcony. The place was not bright and modern, but not old and dingy. If this place added coffee and tea making machines in the room and had wifi in the rooms, we would have liked it better. It is so close to being very good. They are supposedly going to make a new restaurant out of an old building on site, but not for several years. That would help. I highly suggest walking around the lake. It can be done in several hours. If you add on the hike to the waterfall, it will add a couple of hours. A good day of exercise! A lot of people took a little boat to the base of the waterfall. Lovely area and highly recommended for a visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bohinj is re-opening the door for all who wish to be a part of unspoiled nature. Suitable for families as well as for those who are more adrenaline-driven. To enjoy summer sun, canoeing, kayaking on a beautiful Bohinj lake, for those who want to see natural attractions or go hiking in Julian Alps or just to enjoy genuine Bohinj and visit traditional events. New team took over the management of Hotel Bohinj. We will rely on our experience in Skihotel Vogel and Camping Zlatorog Bohinj. Our mission is to bring various Bohinj tourist accomodations to a higher level of hospitality. In hope of a pleasant vacation in Hotel Bohinj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Bohinj reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bohinj Hotel Bohinjsko Jezero
- Hotel Bohinj Slovenia/Bohinjsko Jezero