Book In Advance
Tours from Hike&Bike Slovenia tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Hike&Bike Slovenia
from $75.30
from $104.30
from $75.30
More Info
All reviews bohinj area fantastic guide full moon nice tour his passion explained everything no hesitation in recommending attentive guide downhill sections great knowledge an incredible experience in great shape several options experienced guide athletic abilities single track triglav national park
Reviewed April 23, 2017

I've done a bike ride in the Bohinj Valley in a cold april afternoon with Grega and it turned out to be one of my best experiences in Slovenia. The landscape is amazing, and Grega really did everything for me to have a good time. He adapted the difficulty and duration of the ride for my level, always enquiring if it was okay. I have no doubt he would adapt to less (or more) experienced riders. The rent bike was an entry level hardtail Scott with hydraulic disc brakes and 3x9 speeds. Perfectly fine for an afternoon of riding around the lake (and I come from a beefier and more expensive XC 29er bike).

As for the tour, we visited the meadows south east of lake Bohinj, went then up north in a valley on top of which is a small cascade. We finished a bit on a bike path to finish with a shortcut that turned out to be a nice trail with a quite involving downhill section.

Moreover, I never felt at any point that Grega was here to earn money. He really looked like he wanted to share his passion for the valley.

I would 100% recommend these activities to anybody, it's totally worth it!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed April 5, 2017

Grega is an amazing man and so full of knowledge. Even though snow was not plentiful on the day he made sure our day was a memorable one. Snow shoeing was a bucket list item that we managed to tick off successfully under the professional guidance of Grega himself so we are very grateful for that... oh and the beer at the end topped it all off thank you so much... you are a true legend my friend :-)

Reviewed March 13, 2017

I have to say, although I was unable to attend the planned Full Moon Walk (I am still kicking myself, but serves me right for mistaking a 5+ hour hike for a 2 hour hike - don't ask!), the friendliness, professionalism and prompt communication that Grega displayed was second to none.

Even before I had arrived in Bohinj, Grega was quick to respond to my copious emails with various queries on things to do/see within Bohinj and went above and beyond by even offering to give me a lift to Vogel (the meeting point for the Moon Walk) as I was staying in Stara Fuzina and letting me borrow some walking poles.

I really wish that I was able to go on the Full Moon Walk, but if I am ever to visit again, Hike and Bike will be the first active tourism company I reach out to for its 5 star service!

Reviewed March 6, 2017

My girlfriend and I passed a great afternoon snowshoeing with Grega in the meadows above the Bohinj Valley. It was a pleasure to have Grega as our guide. He picked us up at our hotel, and we drove out 30 minutes to start our hike. He is from the valley and was born just one town away from where we were staying. He was able to share with us lots of information on the history of the region, and we also used his recommendations for restaurants along with a small museum to visit during our stay. During our hike, he offered us the chance to taste some local schnapps which was delicious, and he also took several photos which he shared with us after. Grega really added something to our holiday, and we would be happy to have him as a guide again.

Thank you again, Grega!

Reviewed January 29, 2017

We made a snowshoe trip on Vogel under beautiful weather conditions. Even if Vogel in this time was quite good visited place, we took some paths we would never have found alone. It was my first snowshoe trip and Grega made a very good start for beginners and had a pretty good plan for a little challenge, so we earned at the end some of the very best schnaps!
Grega knows the Bohinj area and Julian Alps like the palm of his hand and could tell us many interesting things about the region and its history - and show us spectacular views of Bohinj and Mount Triglav. And he is a very friendly and entertaining guide!

Date of experience: January 2017