“Cheap. Good for beginners.”
Review of Vogel Ski Center

Vogel Ski Center
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Vogel Ski Center: Half Day Skiing with Instructor
More attraction details
Owner description: Vogel is one of the most beautiful and popular ski resorts in the winter, and the most popular high mountain centre in other seasons. Our slogan “Vogel. Like a Fairy Tale.” is the perfect description of our resort in every season of the year, and we plan to increase our profile with it and give our visitors this fairy-tale feeling. We are determined to seize the opportunities offered by our location in the heart of the Triglav National Park (TNP). Vogel cable car takes you to 1535 metres above sea level throughout the year (except during the maintenance periods). In this way viewpoints high in the mountains are easily accessible and also make an excellent starting point for hikers. You can choose from single or return cable car tickets. The cable car can transfer up to 950 people per hour. The Orlove glave quad chairlift also operates during the summer season (mid-June to end of September) and provides a single or a return ride in the pleasantly refreshing summer climate. It stops at the top of Orlove glave with a paragliding take-off point close by.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Had private snowboard lessons at half what I expect to pay in Europe. Chair lifts for the blue runs, which is helpful for beginners. Several metres of snow in a few days with strong winds made this less than ideal, but we still had a good time. Planning to return next year...

1  Thank ugm6hr
in 10 reviews
"mountain top"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed February 15, 2014

A nice little ski resort with magnficent views on the highest mountain in Slovenia(Triglav) and on beautiful lake in between! The slopes are nice, but could be better maintained. Overall very nice!

1  Thank Krešimir T
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was in Vogel for a week and was unlucky with the weather which was bad all days except for one when visibility was better and more pists were open. During that day I managed to have a decent day snowboarding. I have to say that this resort is not suitable for advanced skiers or boarders.
Plus to the ski center were that there were no queues and that food and drinks were not expensive.
Minus were the ski pass price (27Euros on a week day!!!) even when only 2 or 3 pists were open and the ski hire prices.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I attended the Finzgar Ski School on Vogel on 11th - 17th January 2014.

The equipment I hired on site at the Finzgar shop through Crystal was very good and I was pleased that they were able to equip a 60 year old, 184cm, 106kg man without any problems at all. The staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The technician who looked after my gear was very helpful (sorry, I do not know his name, slim man, no hair). Rok, my instructor, was very encouraging and I was so happy when he took me down my first red run!

Rok's English was excellent and he had no trouble understanding the mixture of accents from Scotland, England and Liverpool! He was patient, understanding and taught us well.

There are several places to eat and drink on the hill, serving a variety of local dishes, pizza and so on. The panorama restaurant at the top of the cable car sold delicious local soups and dishes. A bowl of Ricet (similar to Scotch Broth) with a huge basket of bread, a Sprite, and an espresso coffee came to about 8-9 Euros. The staff were mainly young women who all spoke good English and were very helpful if you wanted to know more about the dishes. There was an English translation of the menu on the counter.

At busy times the Gondola was a bit of a crush, it holds 80 people so if you have small children with you or you do not want to get up close and personal with folk then consider going up/down at a quieter time of day

This was a winter trip however I have also been up on the hill during the summer. There are a host of scenic walks on Vogel that will satisfy walkers of all levels. Remember though that this is an alpine climate and the weather can deteriorate rapidly so be prepared!

It was a wonderful, memorable experience and I hope to go back to Vogel again next year.

2  Thank DickBarrett