There are pro's and con's I experienced when staying here.
- friendly staff
- in the middle of beautiful nature
- nice excursions & trips could be organized out of the hostel. The skydiving was GREAT! Do that do that do that!
- rooms are oke: clean and quiet
- Next to the lake, perfect for an ice cold swim to wake up easier in the morning :D Absolutely stunning.
- Damn long walk from the central bus stop (advice: take the local bus to get there)
- Showers cold and not super clean, you share it with the full corridor so be patient
- The way the tables are arranged in the communal area doesn't encourage people to talk to each other or seek company, it's a bit individual... therefore the 'typical hostel vibe' is missing
- Except for breakfast an dinner (1 choice) you can't get any food during the day, only icecream... and the first supermarket is far away (and not open many times). That was 1 hungry Sunday.
Bohinj is BEAUTIFUL!! You can't miss this destination when visiting Slovenia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostel Pod Voglom is situated at one of the most beautiful locations in Slovenia - in the middle of the Triglav National Park by the lake Bohinj. As such it is ideal for all the outdoor fans, who like to spend active holidays in contact with nature. Hostel Pod Voglom is a member of YH International. It offers 3 kinds of accommodation (rooms with private bathroom, shared bathroom or dormitory rooms). Therefore, every year not only the young people but also many families visit the hostel and explore the surrounding which offers many possibilities for spending active holiday in the Triglav National Park. Hostel has 129 beds. In the yard of the hostel is located Pac sports outdoor centre and the high ropes course. You can also rent boats, canoes and kayaks or mountain bikes. An interesting challenge for those who want more adrenaline is participating in rafting or canyoning or experiencing a paragliding trip with a tandem above the Bohinj lake. Meanwhile, there is a garden near the hostel with the playground for children and it is also perfect for relaxing and reading a book in the shadow of the trees. Another part of the hostel offer are concerts, photo presentations and organization of barbecues and teambuilding programs for our customers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hostel Pod Voglom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Pod Voglom Slovenia/Bohinjsko Jezero