“Something special”

A l'Art Bled
Cuisines: International, Healthy, Slovenian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A l'Art Bled restaurant in Vila ISTRA is one of a kind fine food restaurants, with beautiful view of lake Bled. Innovative approach to preparing traditional local specialities, adding them vegetables and spices mostly grown in our garden, or sourced from local organic eko stores, delivers taste you will enjoyable take home along with good memories about wonderful time spent in Bled.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

After finishig my meal, I had a felling I ate a healthy meal and it had a taste. The meal was plentifull but it did not fell stuffed. The best choice for a realy good meal in Bled

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I had the first of several wonderful meals, which the chef Miha always offered or modified to meet my fish and vegetarian needs. I had a wonderful evening, relaxing and enjoying the magnificent views. The owner was always wonderful interested in seeing that all my needs were being met. It honestly makes it difficult to eat anywhere else as you cannot possibly benchmark A l’Art Bled food and service with any other place in the world.
If you are looking for a special place, artistic served food and exceptional taste you can't go wrong here. Keep up the great work cannot recommend your restaurant more highly. Love, Martyna

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Excellent food (vegetarian, ecological...), great service, beautiful view of the most magical lake in the world... I recommend 100%.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

This was the most inventive and memorable dinner I have had in many years. A good dinner is not just about sitting down and eating; it is about the whole experience and the company.

Dawn and I arrived a little early – no problem a cold glass of Slovenian Champagne with mint “from the garden” was our welcome as Dejan asked whether we preferred to sit inside or out. We were briefly tempted to sit inside the stunning 1878 Austro-Hungarian house on the edge of Lake Bled, but it was a warm sunny evening so we sat outside on the veranda overlooking the lake.

Chef Miha came out to talk to us about what he had been preparing. A proper conversation about food, ingredients, and source.

Dejan talks in detail about each wine on the list; there is an emphasis on Slovenia – a country which produces some excellent award winning wine, but like much else about Slovenia, not well known, or at least not known well enough. Miha came to the table at each course to tell us about what he had prepared. His ingredients included flowers and herbs from the hotel garden, and mushrooms from the surrounding forests. After the main course we invited both of them to join us for a glass of wine. We talked about food and dreams and ideas. This was a table for dreams and plans as the sun set behind the Slovenian Alps.

Dejan brought us a glass of the best desert wine I have ever had – I tend to avoid desert wines – and local pear brandy. I should have taken notes – I’ll have to go back to find out what they were.

Expensive? Not compared to any northern European city restaurant with such high standards of cooking, welcome, presentation.

By the end of the evening we were exchanging email addresses and links to Facebook pages and promising another visit. It can’t come soon enough.

2  Thank davysims
Reviewed July 24, 2014

phenomenal restaurant in a quiet part of Bled very close to the lake. It has a nice view over the island and the old town. Looks very royal and classy, especially when using real silver silverware. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The food is excellent and very tasty. First I had a soup with eatable flowers picked at Pokljuka, never seen before. The steak was tender and very tasty. Dessert was a traditional Bled cream cake on the cook's way, served in a glass.
Great place to recommend for a nice, quiet and a very romantic meal.
I will definitely come again.
deserves all 5 stars.